Home

Red and Yellow Tricks

Solbe M'ko

As promised, here are some of my moves. Please fell free to add your own.

RED- To do proper 3 hit red combos you MUST use adjacent angles (eg. Back+left, left, forward+left) or two of the same followed by an adjacent. I use left as my direction because I think it's faster, but if you replace left with right, it should work.

1-Blue Buster- FORWARD+LEFT, FORWARD, FORWARD+RIGHT. This moves is great against lungers and ankle-biters.

2-Sneaker- Do a small jump and a LEFT slash, when you land, do a FORWARD+LEFT, then jump again with a LEFT slash. If you use some acrobatics, it conceals the move until it's too late.

3-The "Flick" (aka- The Most Powerful Move Ever)- Do ANY two hit combo on red (using the adjacent rule) and finish by putting on a FORWARD+LEFT/RIGHT, this adds a little circular hit on the end that gets the enemy right when they think it's best to attack.

General-Use the adjacent rule and end with flicks. This is the best way to do combos on red.

-PS- Double Spin on Red- FORWARD+LEFT, LEFT, BACK+LEFT.

Next post: Yellow moves.

Yellow- I use the same adjacent rule as I do with red, but it is not a neccesity with yellow. Flicks still work, in fact, all of those red combos still work, but now you can add 2 more hits on the end. I can't go into as much detail for this one.

1-Long Combo- This is just one long combo that I sometimes use. It works surprisingly well. RIGHT+FORWARD, FORWARD, LEFT+FORWARD, LEFT, LEFT+FORWARD. It has a 360 spin and a flick.

2-The DFA combo- (Note: this YDFA does not do full damage!) Do a 2-3 hit combo (or a 5, for all I care) and finish by doing the DFA. You will hold your saber over your head (like at the end of the DFA) but will now be able to move around. You can jump away to avoid the imminent attack or, this is my favorite, you can look down and run up to the enemy and hit him with the saber. It doesn't do much damage, but when combined with a 2 hit combo, it starts to add up.

3- Lefty-Righty- I don't use this move, because I'm not good at it and I think it's cheap, but lots of people do use it. While crouching, hold attack and hit left & right, one after the other, in a controlled fashion, the timing is the hardest part.

Note: these strats work best (for me) in a no force duel.

These aren't all I have, by far, but this is all I feel like posting today.

the 8 hit yellow combo, that was actually a bad info by my part, yes they are 8 hits but requieres quick stance switching and is also a bit tricky cause are a double 4 hits combo in one, you can keep doing this over and over, but you will look yourself as a noob hitting the air :D.

start in blue stance and spin twice by the side of your oponent (this is usually done against DFA's, but before hit the ground so you don't get kicked) --> this consumes shield if the oponent still has it, at the moment he reach the floor you do a blue lunge by his back --> this fully depletes the shield unless he has 200, and opens gate to the yellow part (the one that damage the oponent) hit with two diagonal slashes and a spin as stated before, finally(SP?) jump while still has tour back at the oponent and in mid air put the crossair on his face to do the yellow DFA <-- this is really difficult but you can do it with a lot of practice (I've been playing almos a year, since JO just comes out), this gives you an 3B+ 4Y hits (actually the yellow spin+YDFA is a bit useless cause you interrupt the spin to make the 7th hit) and finally if the oponent is still alive (or using god mode) hit him with any simple hit (that's cause the YDFA usually breaks(SP?) the defense (in this part my favorite is crouch+red hit)

sorry If i make you belive the the whole 8 hits where yellow, if you found how to improve this move post it :D.

is also a bit tricky cause sometimes the double blue spin fails a hit so they're 7 no 8. but usually kill just applied.

the bad (yes every move has a bad part) you can only do it effectiv...(SP???) when your oponnent fails a red DFA and you are really close to him, but always you can try it to the air and you will hit 4 times making a considerable damage.

I hope you understood my poor english :p

This move is great for supprising ur enemies. Make sure ur in red stance.

Just keep backflipping, make ur opponant think ur fleeing. Then simply swing ur saber whilst flipping. Time it that as you land you can press forward+jump to lunge. They won't see it coming and the lunge is brutal.

:D This also works for the jumping sidways, foorwars etc :fett:

That's an OK one for killing rookies. You side jump/flip and go to a DFA. Works better than just an overhead DFA because it's harder to see coming. You can also place DFAs at the end of a combo, this is the only way I know of to add a fourth hi to a red combo. I like to do my red 720 spin and then DFA; they always think I'm done.

Another lunge I like to use is is you run along a wall and time it right, when you kick off the wall you will lunge. You will have to swing just as you start running along the wall tho.

The good thing about this move is you can turn as you kick off the wall, alowing you to suprise any unsuspecting jedi chasing behind you.

:duel:

EASY LUNGE FOR NEWBS!

-This is an easier way to lunge if you can't get the timing right. I use it because I suck! :D

-ON BLUE run forward and do an overhead slash, then crouch right away but hold down fire+forward. You will do an overhead, then lunge. This is an old trick but I only learned of it recently.

SUPER CRAZY WOW RED COMBO FOR KICK SERVERS!

-This is a great old school move that I was doing before it became "cheap". You can feel free to use it, just don't come a-cryin' when you get booted (most fair admins won't kick you, it's really not that bad)

-YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SIDEKICK! If you do a front kick you will not have as much range and your opponent could get up if he knows how to jump after falling down.

-Do a SIDEKICK, and SWING in the direction that you were holding (it's not important). When your saber reaches half way into the swing, hold FORWARD+JUMP and you will do a DFA. This works when the kick knocks him down, and guaruntees a quick kill if you do it right.

ALTERNATE:

If he doesn't fall, it is still a useful move. Instead of DFAing, just go into a combo using the adjacent rule. He will be dazed from the kick and most guys, after being kicked, will try to move through the air toward you, and therein lies the game...

-SIDEKICK and SWING on red, then use the adjacent rule to complete the combo. Since you will most likely be doing a right or left slash, try following up with a FORWARD+DIAGONAL, FORWARD. This makes for a good move anyway; the lateral range increases as it goes further into the combo, and the damage increases. Very useful against ankle biters, kick whores, and lungers. Also good for cleaning up after a bad DFA on the part of your opponent.

:lsduel:

Keep 'em comin'!

This is an easy 2 hit yellow ... two hits (I don't think in it as a Combo).

When facing someone that only uses red stance and hit everywhere trying to hit you (yes that kind of people exist), wait until they do a horizontal red slash, if you are close enough you can attack him by the defenseless side with a yellow diagonal slash and quickly jump in mid-air turn and make sure to put your crossair in his face to do the yellow special, you may get a kill if you are lucky.

I'm going to try red stance and see if a can get get some nice moves.

and this one is for beginners stay still with red stance and wait for an attack, or walk towards the opponent quickly swith to blue and lunge (if it was quick enough the oponent will not see the stance change).

also if you fail to hit a yellow special, don't worry to much and turn the saber to your oponent, in that way you stil have some defense against attacks (not like lunge or DFA, moves that if you fail you become defensless for a few seconds)

Archived