Home

Knight of Dracul MP idea

Covax

This isn’t a request, we’re not going to bother with any multiplayer code for the Knight of Dracul until the single player game is done (if ever). I just want share some though on an idea I had:

Rather than rigid ‘‘class system’’ for the players, like in Team Fortress, we let the player pick not only the powers they want but the AMOUNT of power they want. For example the server is set to say 36 Force Points. The player can spend them all or none as they see fit. The catch? The more Points they spend, the higher level of vampire they are. Again, you’re asking about the catch? Here it is: the higher level vamp they are the more vulnerable they would be to Sunlight and UV Grenades.

So for example you choose to have NO powers you’d be 100% human, you can walk in broad daylight and feel fine. If you choose to spend ALL of the points you’d be a Vampire Lord, in the shadows you’’d be a GOD but as soon as you see light *poof*. In the middle would be a Dampfir, a half-vampire like Blade, You maybe have force-jump and a bit of speed, sunlight hurts you but you can take it. I think this would change the dynamic of the game considerably, for maps that are set at night time or underground you’d be insane to go up against vampires and vice-versa for the day.

Each map that’s made can have 3 versions: Day, Dusk/Dawn and Night which would change the whole capture-the-flag idea. Just imagine playing this version of Jedi Master, it’d be like John Carpenter’s Vampires, where a team of Slayers is trying to drag a Vamp Lord into the sun.

:rolleyes: This isn't a request, I seriously doubt that it's even possible with the Jedi Outcast MP 'engine' as it stands. I just wanted to discuss the theory. People bitch about the same old crap but when something new does come along then they’d bitch about that to. :p I’m just wondering this worth putting on the ‘wish list’.

Archived