Home

Parent tag not working with hilts - PLEASE HELP

Marker0077

What exactly is the point of a parent tag? I know it's *supposed* to make it so that the player models hands go wherever the parent tag is placed, but I can't get the damn thing to work no matter if the thing is placed below or above 0 0 0. So far I have been just using the 0 0 0 place as the basic parent tag with all the previous hilts I have been working with, but now I am trying to get one of those unique hilts going & this consists of placing the hands a little back farther then where the blade is & I DO NOT want to move the tag_flash. If I do the blade may appear to be where I have it positioned but it won't be, just the way the engine works.

Any help on how to get the parent tag working would be great. I tried searching through a variety of tutorials but none really go into great detail of how the parent tags work. Thanks for your time.

Well that sucks, I really want to add this chainsaw hilt but I won't compromise Duelers standards to do it. I suppose I can make a non standard hilt pack. The Schwartz hilt also falls into this category & I wanted to add that. Thanks for your time man.

Archived