Home

Strife like gameplay for SP

BloodRiot

Would you like JA to have simple Adventure/RPG elements similar to Strife for SP?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like JA to have simple Adventure/RPG elements similar to Strife for SP?

• Yup! It makes the game much more dynamic.
    • Nope! I just wanna kill the badguys and go home.
    • Strife?!?! What's THAT?

Hmmm I dunno, sounds an awfull lot like Deus Ex to me.

Smuggler: "Hey a friend of minde was captured by MJ12, if your rescue him I won't charge these rediculous prizes!"

JC Denton: "I'll see what I can do"

And if you rescue him you only have to pay half the money or so... But the smuggles sells crap anyway :D

So a few sub-quests would be ok, but I don't think JA will be the game for this :( Ah well, I'm looking forward to DX2 too!!

Well you may be right... I wouldn't want useless subquests... i'm talking about bonus stuff and primary stuff.. the primary stuff are things you must do to complete a level..the others are not necessary and the player may very well chose not to undertake them. Let's say the extra quests grants 1 extra point of force at the end of the level... or gives you a key that unlocks an easier alternate way into the finish area.

I reckon Deus Ex has alot of RPG into it... Strife from what I reckon is a simpler version of Deus Ex.

Anyway... if anyone still thinks it's best not included I dont have anything to say to that... this is a opinion sharing thread. :)

Cheers.

deus ex rules, but JA isn't going to be DX. I would settle for npcs that said entertaining things when you clicked on them, ran away when the shooting started and, maybe, gave you powerups or led you to hidden areas if you saved them... with killing/saving infulencing your lightside/darkside progression.

I like the strife/DX stuff you're talking about - esp. if you can get the same thing more than one way - maybe you get an access code to the roof from one guy or an access code to the basement from another guy.

By the way I thought Elite Force II had some nice NPC interactions - not great - but you could ignore them or listen and they often added to the story. Occassionally you could solve a "puzzle" faster - even if there weren't "choose the answer" kind of responses - if you just kept clicking on the NPC. it defintely added to the immersion factor.

Archived