Home

Need list of spawn scripts from SP game!

aazell

I were much doubt anyone would have gone through the trouble to make such a list. What's the use? You can go and check whatever spawnscript you want in your SP_scripts folder (included in the Editing tools package). That's also the only way to see what they are doing: to read them through. However, it might be easier to just write/modify your own than try to select one from the pool of Raven scripts.

It's really not necessery for me to write my own. I only want basic spawnscripts anyway.

NPC spawns and moves to nav_goal

NPC patrol routes (i know this one already)

Just out of interest I don't suppose you know what happens with func doors and NPC's on their way to a nav goal?

Will it stop them from moving to their nav goal because they can't see it?

should i put two nav goals in. One just before the door so that it opens and then another for them to walk to once the door is open?

Any ideas. I would go and experiment but I'm at work and I can't at the moment. Besides, why have to experiment when we have this lovley pool of knowledge right here.

Hope you can help.

Aaz

It's indeed my experience to lay two navgoals, as you said. One before the door, because the NPC can see it, one after the door, because the NPC can see it also, when the door opens en route to the first navgoal.

Well, with the list of spawnscripts I cannot be of any more assistance. I only studied a couple of spawnscripts ages ago, and after that I have made many more from scratch. Most of the time NPCs need so customized spawnscripts that it would be painful to think of searching for them instead of just making them. But it's your choice, as it is your map.

Archived