Home

Ack! Doubting my template! :'(

Black_Chi

After spending a little time in a chat room I don't know if I should do what i origionally intented to do template wise. Mind you I was not involved in the beta so I know very little about actual gameplay.

Origionally I wanted to play a Trando Scout/Marksman who would take advantage of the Brawler unarmed tree and would adventually become a bounty hunter. After talking with some people they tell me that the BH class is being reworked as we speak and no one knows if they are viable anymore. I also wanted to use a caribeener to pull mobs and switch to unarmed when they get too close to me. Aparently unarmed isn't too good? Also I don't know if its a good strategy to use 2 types of weapons (heck I don't even know if i should use a Caribeener or a pistol!). I'm looking into my other options and Creature Handler, Ranger, and Caribeener are starting to look like good alternative classes for my style of play. I see myself as mostly soloing for XP but if the group system is as good as I hear I may just group instead. Nevertheless I like to be self sufficient and use ranged attacks. Also would Trando be a good choice for my play style? I've heard race dosn't matter too much but I'm still skeptical.

Oh yea I also want to be a very adept PVP on the Rebel side at some point.

Any advice, thoughts, suggestions for a newbie?

4 mins until the game is released BTW! I can't wait! See you all tomorrow!

Race matters a lot.

In two ways,

1) Depending on what race you, you get racial bonus skills. IE, Trandoshan has bonus stats towards melee, and etc.

2) In the end, everyone is going to join a faction. Nonhumans get faction penalties towards gaining imperial perks where the rebels do not.

As for whatever class you pick, it's up to you.

Archived