Home

I'm Counting 12 Servers Now

PhantomXSquared

Welp, it only took one single day for them to bring up a few of those extra 10 servers they had unplugged back there at Verant.

I am now seeing 12 servers on the server menu but they are all still unplugged. I hope this means they may try to bring them back up again soon.

Here is my prediction. Bloodfin and Starsider will be swamped, and will crash within an hour while the lesser populated and swamped servers will stay online from here on out.

nah, I think SOE will get them all up and running at the same time and everything will be perfect from here on out.

but SOE will find a problem with your account Phantom and will decide to ban you from SWG. :p

ooh and by the way, verant doesnt exist anymore, they are now SOE, or Sony online entertainment.

Well if you are thinking about it being perfect from here on out, you might be setting yourself up for another day like this one.(well, another day with servers down forever, not every server). I have an idea on why this happened to the servers.

There is a 3500 max limit for people being online at the same time for these Galaxies. I think Galaxies like Bloodfin and Starsider were swamped with many more than 3500 today, and they all created the ch\aracters and entered the game relatively at the same time. This probably caused the servers to go wacko all of a sudden, and it quickly spread to other servers as people recently booted had to find other places to go. Those other Galaxies probably didn't have the right amount of servers connected so it just crashed those too(i can tell this by Holocron saying the Oracle databases started spitting out errors).

Also, another possibility is that the 15,000 character maximum for the servers was breached on a few of the databases which crashed those too, sending the whole thing into hell.

Archived