Home

Can someone explain vendor thing?

Exar_reborn

Someone was trying to explain it before but I just wasn't understanding it. Now theres something like you have to go out of town to buy or sell an item??? I'm kinda lost about the whole thing so if someone could just do a general rundown that would be great.

Vendors go within houses, you don't see houses until someone gets into the Architecht profession. Vendors are further still into that profession and from what i saw of the ludicrious exp requirements you're not going to be seeing any vendors for sale to do inside houses for a good month or so at least unless the devs drop the requirements.

Now the bazaar is probably what you're really looking for. Around all of the cities are large red-orange terminals, these are Bazaar terminals which brings up a central database for buying and selling goods. The drawback here is that you are charged a fee to place an item up for sale, the devs are trying to make the bazaar less appealing since they want to see a player ecomomy develop and player run shops to open up. Thus the expense of the bazaar is going to be gradually rising so that players find it's cheaper to sell on the street or get their own shops.

The bazaar is broken down into 3 catagories by what is displayed in relation to location and then you'll see actual item catagories there too. The bazaar catagories are regional, planetary and interplanetary. (that isn't the actual names btw as it'll say This region, this planet or this galaxy but you get my drift) The regional one will give you items for sale which were put up using a terminal within the current city. Since you cannot retrieve an item from a different city that it was put up for sale this means you can easily collect the item you buy. The second options is for the entire planet, this will give you all of the items which are on sale around the current planet. If you are in say Mos Espa and buy an item that was put up for sale in Mos Entha then you'll need to catch a shuttle to that city so you can collect your item. You can also search the bazaar for the entire galaxy, however this means you might have to get a flight from where you are to another planet to pick up your item.

All of this means that you need to weight the cost of the item against the cost of collecting it, since shuttles cost around 100-300 credits if you buy anyhing cheaper than that you might end up finding it was better to buy a slightly more expensive version of the item which is local, since travel expenses need to be considered too.

Archived