Home

Glitch when fighting Ice Guardian

Guest KDF

I'm fighting the ice guardian, I've got the machine part, I know how to kill him, but there's a glitch. I'm always zapped away to the area in the temple where the windows are that overlook the courtyard area where Indy first notices that the Soviets have arrived before I can finish the job. Two seconds later my system locks up and I'm screwed. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Does anyone know what I could do to get around this? If anyone has a saved game right after killing the ice guardian? I'd greatly appreciate it if they could email it to me. Thanks. :-}

Guest HenryJones

My computer kept messing up while fighting the Ice Guardian too, what you do is call up LucasArts, tell them your problem and they'll send you an e-mail of the next level and they'll contact you with a patch once they fix the problem. . .they've yet to fix it.

-Dr. Henry Jones Sr.

"Got lost in his own museum huh?"

BT, DT, though the "zapped away" part is a new one.

I got a long letter from lucasarts.com tech support today, but it seemed to be a catchall for any sort of problem that could occur. All about programs running in the system tray and memory sizes and other silly stuff their program should not care about.

The real workaround is to get a savegame from some time before you get Urgon's part, and don't save between getting Urgon's part and finishing the level. I had to start all of Shambala over, since all I did was quicksave, but it worked.

--Blair

Guest absynth

i had the same problem with the german version, but the cause of the error was different:

- i shot a soviet who was standing just next to a corner of the temple building. then, i picked up his gun which was partially "inside" the building (these clipping routines really really suck).

- shazam! i got the temple seal once again (i had already used it) and was transferred to said window and had to see the cut scene again.

- when fighting the ice monster, this crappy seal appeared in the lower right corner of the screen and seconds later indy froze ...

after having avoided shooting guards standing within walls, it worked for me. had to replay shambala, though ....

--ck

I had the same problem with the temple key but I managed to fix it with one download. I was using Diamond's Viper 550 card and the game kept crashing at the Ice Guardian so I downloaded the newest drivers for it. It worked for me and I was also able to save after I had the machine part. In addition, I shut off all the programs that were in my system tray.

I had exactly the same probs! Isn't it sad how the quality of LucasArts PRoducts just went downhill? Gosh, just remember Starwars Episode I!

Archived