Home

Scouts' weapons

Montrose

What weapons are scouts proficient with? During my travels a weaponsmith gave me D-18 pistol, great damage and it looked really cool! But when I put it in my hand to use it, it says "not proficient and damage will be reduced drastically!" Not cool! The same thing with a Metal combat staff. So are scouts destined to use the generic rifle and pistol that you start the game with? Or can we use the better crafted weapons that do more damage?:confused:

Montrose,

Just use 'em...:D

Even with the handicap, you will make out better than with a standard CDEF (not a alot - but better :D )...

Then be sure to pick up Novice Marksman or Brawler from an NPC and apply any XP to the path of your preferred weapon choice...

Then you will get the full benefits of the weapon...

Hope this helps...

Wombat

Absolutely , in fact once you've got Explore I (for terrain neg) i would concentrate on a weapon skill exclusively.

The sooner you are proficient in pistol or whatever you will be able to buy much better weapons and special shots and will be able to solo larger creatures which will lead to a faster rate of scout xp gathering.

I would get novice marksman straight away and look for a hunting group to ramp up that weapons xp.

Chindi.

p.s warning shot rules.

Archived