Home

IS SWG Worth it? An old UO Player wonders

vader716

I used to play UO for years. I loved it. I could deal with the balancing and rule changes. What I couldn't stand was the LAG even with a broadband connection. Now in order to play SWG I would need to buy a new system. Is it worth it? Honestly. Should I wait or order the new system now. What are the biggest problems.

Thx

Jim

Before getting a whole new system...look for someone you know and trust who can BUILD them -- they aren't hard...check out pricewatch.com and pick up a Motherboard CPU Combo, Hard Drive, Video Card, Ram -- and you're set. Unless you also need a monitor, keyboard and mouse...or you can use your old ones.

You can buy pieces for a great/amazing system for around 600...saving easily a 1000$$$

Thx for the advice. I've been there and done that. I've been to the shows and bought the best of the best put it all together and did save myself a few hundrend bucks. Frankly, at this point in my life (wife and two kids) it isn't worth the headache and time. Dell will ship it and I plug it in. I use them for the network I run here at work.

Thx again.

Archived