Home

3 Questions From a newbie plz help me

Scorpionosis

Where can i find medical supplies to buy ? I know medics can create some medical supplies, but sometimes they are hard to find or have expensive prices. Or how can i make them myself what do i need? I have obtained novice marksman first, then novice medic, and the novice scout skills.

Also, where can i find the materials i need to make camping sites as a scout?

Third and last question.

How can i find the mission terminals and baazar's using the map? Do they tend to be placed near certain buildings such as hotels or what? I have trouble finding them if i go to a new city or what not.

Keep in mind, all this is coming from someone who hasn't played the game yet:

You can buy medicines, or the organic and inorganic materials needed to make them from the baazar. Or you can buy medicines directly from a medic if you happen to know one.

To craft your own stimpacks or whatever, you'll need various organic and/or inorganic materials, and a General Crafting Tool. If you have some Scout skills you can harvest organics, and if you have some Artisan skills you can survey and extract inorganics from the ground. It would probably be easier to just buy what you need, or buy a harvestor from an Artisan.

To make a camp, I believe you need some animal hides and maybe bones. If you kill an animal, you can use /harvest on it to get those materials. I think you can type /harvest bone or /harvest meat or whatever to get that specific material from an animal.

No clue about the last baazar question, sorry.

If I got any details wrong, feel free to slap me with a trout and correct me.

Your choices for medical supplies are buy them all at a bazaar terminal (in any bank area) and from higher level medical personnel (which you will see all around, most reliably at the medical facilities), make all of them yourself, or a mixture of the two. I have found the bazaar to be overpriced and not always reliable even on the largest server, especially considering how easy it is to begin to create your own in large quantities. What you will need to make your own medicines (at least for your novice career) are organic materials and inorganic matierials and your basic crafting tool. As a novice medic, you can only obtain organic materials. You do this by /medicalforage. This ability is completely useless compared to simply killing things and using the third radial option to get skin meat or bone. You'll accumulate organic material 5 times or more as quickly as you will by medical foraging, and get your rifle experience along the way. To obtain inorganic materials yourself you will need novice artisan ability and an appropriate surveying device (mineral &/or chemical, moste easily obtained at the bazaar for about 50C each).after getting a bunch of organics stocked up, you go and survey for inorganics right where you were doing your newb hunting. find a good spot, say above 50% (if that doesnt mean anything to you, you will see once you use your surveyor) then you begin accumulating inorganics. This is the best part: until they nerf it, you can craft your own stimpacks etc while you are mining, then using those stimpacks on yourself, while you mine. If you had a buddy occasionally drop off organics, you could survey/medical craft/stim yourself indefinitely shooting straight up the survey and Organic Chem ladder. If you dont have a buddy, you simply take a mining break and go up your rifle/scout skills by hunting and skinning. As far as learning to heal ( the other 3 medic trees besides O. chem) you will start of kind of slowly, relying on the /tendwound skill, which uses no medicine. Dont count on finding a reliable source of strenght, constitution, quickness, and stamina wound kits in the bazaar, which is about 60% of the healing you will do in the hospital. You need Organic Chem III to make all the medicines to heal any type of ability wound, which will take a little while to get to. But dont worry, it'll come quickly enough. Once you get there though, you'll tear through the rest of your medic skills as almost as quickly as you will the first tiers.

Remember, you can unlearn any skill once you learn it, so dont be afraid to go deep into any skill group for fun or experimentation, you wont be near 250 skill points for quite some time.

Your camps take 4 skin, 2 bone, and your crafting kit with novice scout.

Newb mission terminals are everywhere. Bazaar is always at the bank. It's still to early in the game to rely wholly on the player economy. Just do it yourself!( I like to type; i may have made it look more complicated than it acutally is)

Archived