Home

Please! Last Advice

thespider

hi.

i am on a tight buget and some kinda guy told me that the Ati 9500 is a good card for SWG. Can you explain to me what a better veideo card does? sorry, im not a computer buff...and also...for a mere 20 bucks more i can get a 9600 pro, is it ALOT better? is the 9500 in general a good card? please help me

thanks

Not a big ATi person, but I would go with the ATi 9500, since I believe the ATi 9600 is more of a value card.

What card do you currently have? Most newer card support Hardware Texture and Lighting. HTL is used the make the realistic looking water effect and other effects. Top of the Line graphics cards also support Advanced Pixel Shading... in SWG, PS is used for the minor precise detailing, such as the wrinkles on your character. (if you choose a elderly character...)

I am pretty sure that the ATi 9500 supports PS (and definitely supports HTL). Personally, I would go with a nvidia card :p ... like a Geforce 4 Ti 4200 128mb would work perfectly... for maybe 75-100 USD.

Krentz your such an ass and yet... stupid at the same time.

You CAN very well get a GeForce 4 ti4200 128MB For around 100usd. Unless you include shipping, but that depends on how quick you want it.

Use pricewatch.com, I just there a couple days ago because Im looking to buy the exact same card, I also double checked myself and just went there, same price.

Dont act like a smart ass unless you know what your talking about -_-

Ok, so you've decided to upgrade :)

From pricewatch, as of 14:50 EDT, the cheapest Ti4200 128MB card:

Inno3D GeForce4 TI 4200 128MB DDR 8X

(Part - VDINOB555G44200A292)

Price: $103

Ship 1 : Free UPS Ground Insured W/Tracking

Inno3d

Info...

Don't know about newegg, too lazy to check :)

9500P is faster than the 9600P out of the box. That's why enthusiasts prefer the former over the latter although I believe both are close to one another when overclocked. *** The higher number in this case doesn't necessarily mean better. *** Numerous tests have shown this to be so. But if you are going to buy the 9600P, beware that the cheaper ones are probably the slower version (400MHz vs. 325 MHz). They are called Lite, EZ, etc. Check the specs on them before you buy. That's why they are cheaper than the real 9600P unless you find a store that is just selling the authentic one cheaper.

If you're willing to spend about $20 more (i.e. up to about $130, then you have quite a bit more choices to pick from).

Just make sure you have enough to buy SWG. Have fun :jawa

Archived