Home

Mod Testing Problem

Ipsum

Greetings,

I've created a mod, and complied it with no problems. If I make a pk3 file, I can select it from the Load Mod menu and it runs without any problem. If I just place the jk2mpgamex86.dll file in "Jedi Outcast\TestMod" and execute the game with:

"c:\Program Files\Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" jk2mp +set fs_game TestMod

The following error results:

JK2MP: v1.04 win-x86 Jul 3 2002

Initialising zone memory .....

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\Jedi Outcast\GameData\TestMod/TestMod

C:\Program Files\Jedi Outcast\GameData\TestMod/base

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Program Files\Jedi Outcast\GameData\TestMod/demo

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

----- CL_Shutdown -----

-----------------------

Couldn't load mpdefault.cfg

If I then run games.bat and place the jk2mpgame.qvm in "Jedi Outcast\TestMod\vm" or "Jedi Outcast\TestMod\base\vm" (I'm not sure which one is correct), the same error results. I've also tried extracting mpdefault.cfg from assests0.pk3 and placing it in the TestMod directory, but to no avail. How should I set this up to work properly? If this is the wrong approach, what is a setup that allows for easy testing without all the steps to make a pk3 or preferably even a qvm.

Thanks

To run a mod in dll mode you gotta add "+set vm_game 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_ui 0". Please note that client side modifications don't seem to load correctly in .dll mode.

From experience, I've found that you must pack the .qvms into a pk3 for the mod to load correctly in qvm mode. Be must to have the qvms in the /vm dir inside your pk3.

I tried running it with this:

"c:\Program Files\Jedi Outcast\GameData\jk2mp.exe" "jk2mp +set vm_game 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_ui 0 +set fs_game TestMod"

And still the same error resulted. I've been testing server side modifications. Do you have another suggestion?

Oh, that means you have to add "+set fs_cdpath "D:\Games\Star Wars JK II Jedi Outcast\GameData"" to your command line. The problem you're having is that the game is forgetting to scan the default directory for the default game files. :)

Archived