Home

My guide to getting scouting exp *a must read*

Ignition

Finally, I have gotten creature handler after doubting I could. Here are a few things that can greatly speed up the process to getting it:

1. When in groups, set the harvest command to a macro and hot key it. This way when your killing the stronger enemies you can easily press the button over and over and have a much greater chance of getting the harvest for yourself (this also helps harvesting move along much faster by not having to always click on the enemy to get the resources)

2. Get a probot!! Yesterday I had half the exp for hunting 3 and exploration 4, after I got the probot in just 1 day I go hunting 3,4 then novice creature handler. With a probot, you dont need to do anything, I just sat and watched my probot kill enemies witch bagged me around 150exp a minute.

3. If you do have a probot and you see around 5 enemies all together, have your probot attack the furthest one away. This will cause all the enemies to attack it but chances are the probot can easily take them all down which makes the process of killing much easier.

4. Get destroy missions that have you after red cons. Once there shoot the lair once then press peace, and continue doing this. This will cause the lair to release a lot of easy to enemies. Just on Tatooine I could take out a Sevorrts lair that would spawn 15-20 enemies each giving 50 exp.

5. Know where the good resource enemies are. If you've been playing for a while then you should have some knowledge for where the stronger creatures are. This makes it so you dont have to wander around trying to find enemies (like I did, which made it much longer) and helps you just find the ones worth the time must quicker.

6. A good way to know if an enemy has good harvesting resources is to kill the baby enemies first. They not only give the exact same amount of exp as the parents but they are also much easier to kill. Doing this will let you know if its worth the time to kill the enemy.

7. For me, I usually wouldn't waste my time killing any enemy that would give me less then 60exp a harvest. You can go for lower but I was just looking for the bigger shares and not the less and more time consuming ones.

Well, thats my 7 tip guide to getting scouting exp, hope it helps!

---

Nice work! Thanks for the 411. As a full time employee at my job and a father of 2 , I just don't have the time to spend 8+ hours everyday in front of the computer, although i'd like too..:p Anyway, I found out on my own about the lair shooting and hitting peace right after. This works very well. Also, on Tatooine at Bestine over the SW ridge behind the cantina is often a rhonto spawning area... we would shoot the lair... get 3-4 Bull rhontos on our tail and run back to town... they will follow and then the beauty of 40 or more people unleashing on them insues! Then I just throw trap after trap... each one that hits scores over 100xp of trapping experience... and... it's really fun!Lots of times they get so confused by so many people shooting them they dont even hit anybody!

Yup, any class can use them and you just gotta find a shop or find someone whos selling them. What I did was I found someone with a probot and asked him where he got it, he sent me the waypoint I went there and bought it for 13k.

1. When in groups, set the harvest command to a macro and hot key it. This way when your killing the stronger enemies you can easily press the button over and over and have a much greater chance of getting the harvest for yourself (this also helps harvesting move along much faster by not having to always click on the enemy to get the resources)

Isn't this just Ninja harvesting? I detest people who did that without permission! :mad:

Can't you organise some sort of 'rota'?

I'm not annoyed at you, Ignition, but I really hated people doing that, and then pretending they didn't! :evil6:

Originally posted by Ignition

---

what is the macro to make my guy harvest i can get him to just harvest but you said "you dont always have to click the enemy to get the recorces" did you mean you dont have to click on him to get the resorces or you dont have to highlight him?

Lets say you set the /harvest marco to F7. Then, when the enemys dead all you do is click to select it (which if your attacking it, it should be selected anyway) and instead of having to open the radiel window, just press F7 and it automatically collects the harvest, just as if you used the radiel window but faster.

Archived