Home

Soloing on Lok, Dantooine, Yavin IV, Endor & Darthomir

Montrose

The developers reccommend that when traveling to Lok, Darthomir, Dantooine, Endor, and Yavin IV that you go with a group or with an experienced character. Is it possible to solo on these planets? Can you solo in the theme parks? I have traveled to Lok a couple of times in a group and it's a lot of fun. But, people die or they have to stop playing for some reason or another, and our group has to disband because we are so weak we can't survive. Then I'm back on Tattooine again trying to recruit another party to return, and it seems like it is such a waste of time. Wouldn't it be great if we can spend a couple days on these planets and explore huge areas without returning home to safer planets? In my SWG guide that I bought it says the estimated character strength is about 5-25 levels. And on the lists of creatures for these planets they range from levels 30 to 50 for the normal creatures and go all the way up to level 250 for the unique creatures. It seems it would be very difficult for even a master bounty hunter or master elite profession to solo on these planets. If this is true, it is very disappointing to know that you can't solo on these planets without being part of a group and you can't spend a extended amount of time on these planets. Does anyone have a different point of view or can give me some advice on how to solo on these planets?

I have never been to those other planets. But I am sure I could take it alone. I have a 3-day-old rancor doing about 400+ damage. So I am not afraid. I also have a 68-120 damage scout blaster. So I would probably be ok. Also...target's that con white I can take down with only losing about an 8th of my health...without even using my rancor.

You can read my guide to see a great plan for getting together a group if you would like to see the other planets.

I solo on Lok quite a bit and as long as you know your limits and find out which creatures swarm , have ranged attacks etc. You should be fine.

Remember your radar is your best friend , look at it rather than the screen whilst moving and stop every now and again to let things spawn so they dont drop right on you

Also be aware that some mobs have larger aggro ranges than others , for example you can run quite close to a Flit nest but a pirate or mercenary will see you from a mile off.

And use yellow mobs such as Snorbals or Gurks for rest areas as they will not attack you.

Have fun.

Chindi

Quickdraw Artist , Ahazi

Archived