Home

Will this game run effectively on a 56k

omnikron1307

I would love to play this game and i might be getting dsl soon, but there is a chance that i live too far away to get dsl sooooooo, my question is will star wars galaxies run effectively on a 56k modem that runs due to bad phone lines at about 49k. By effectively i mean can i play with all settings turned down and not lag constantly.

Thanks for your help, Omnikron

Yeah it will run perfectly, i run at anywere from 40-46 k and i have a ping of about 200. I know some dsl users and cable users think that is horrible, but in a game like this it really doesnt matter. Also the setting really dont have much to do with your ping, i may be wrong though, because i have to run with almost everything turned down because my computer cant handle it otherwise.

I play on a dial up, and i never get the full 56k either. What I have seen is this...... I can play most areas with little to no problem, and have had minor lag problems. The lag I have seen is not constant so I think that the path between me and the server gets clogged some times, but it's not really that big of a deal. I have had one time where the 56k just didn't cut it, that was when I tried to get into the battle arena area, by the time the area loaded, I was dead. So it seems no battle area for me till I can upgrade my connection. As for the setting in game and graphics. This is more based on your system locally than the connections. All the graphics are loaded to you machine and the system you are running will determine if you can bump up the look of the game. I have cranked up all the settings before and it looks awsome, but moving was hard trying to render that kind of stuff. I keep my graphics up in the top end, not maxed but pretty close and I have great success playing in a dial up.

Good luck, hope you jump in the adventure....

Az

Archived