Home

Lag Help

Kylerichard

Hello ppl

I am having problems with my computer lagging especally when running anywhere in SWG

I have updated all my drivers, put the specs on the game all down to a minimum (shadows, flora ect...)

I still cant seem to get rid of the lag, can anyone help?

I am running a pentium 4 1.5ghz, 256mb of ram, geforce 4 graphics card.

Is there anything I can tweak either in game or on my computer to make it run better?

*ps... I tried to search for related posts with the search button but it doesnt seem to work for me so sorry if there are answers to a post like this somewhere else*

no, increasing vm would only make things worse; vm is there to fool windows into thinking it has more memory than it does, by allocating hard drive space and marking it as memory. anyting put into that fake emmory has to be pulled off and placed in real memory when needed. your hard drive thrashes, and LOTS LOTS LOTS of time is wasted swapping info in and out or real memory. dont do it

Originally posted by matsui

no, increasing vm would only make things worse; vm is there to fool windows into thinking it has more memory than it does, by allocating hard drive space and marking it as memory. anyting put into that fake emmory has to be pulled off and placed in real memory when needed. your hard drive thrashes, and LOTS LOTS LOTS of time is wasted swapping info in and out or real memory. dont do it

put the page file on a seperate hard drive instead of the hard drive the game is on

Archived