Home

video card AGP

freshboi

Originally posted by freshboi

ok im not very computer savvy so just bare with me,

i just need to know how do i get the AGP driver for my 1 1/2 year old GeForce2 100/200, and yes all my drivers are updated

,ty in advance

if the drivers are updated and the card is working what else do you need?? If u want to see if the agp controller is detecting the card

Right click on my computer then click properties then go to the hardware tab and click device manager..

Once there click view devices by connection

you should see the agp controller itself and then the Geforce card if u see the geforce card then everything should be working fine... If u have Win XP u can see if there is an update for the AGP controller, but i dont see why u would need to do this....

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce2 MX 100/200

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0111&SUBSYS_000110B0&REV_B2

Display Memory: 64.0 MB

Current Mode: 800 x 600 (16 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: ViewSonic E70f-2

Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024

Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4403 (English)

DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/2/2003 16:19:00, 3180171 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: No

WHQL Date Stamp: None

VDD: n/a

Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

Mini VDD Date: 5/2/2003 16:19:00, 1312555 bytes

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4251-11CF-3362-0B2013C2CB35}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x0111

SubSys ID: 0x000110B0

Revision ID: 0x00B2

Revision ID: 0x00B2

Video Accel:

Deinterlace Caps: n/a

Registry: OK

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Not Available<-----see disabled plz help or is this importiant!!!!

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

the only real question is: is the card operating?

a status flag for windows is nowhere near as important as wether the device is working. all that post showed was that the bios isnt monitoring the agp slot. if you can see video, the card is working, and oddly enough, also the slot. until you see real problems, (no video at all, severely distorted video, intermitten complete drop outs of video) then there really is no need to worry.

there is a common problem among gamers that they seem to have this insane need to update everything the very second an update is avialable. and that just isnt necessary. take it from a gamer that spends his entire day working on, building, troubleshooting, playing with computers:

if it's working, dont screw with it

try a reboot and then test your card again with dxdiag. If agp is still disabled:

get that nvidia driver installer handy and go into control panel >> system >> device manager

then delete the display device - your card (tested on winxp). Then reboot. After reboot your system WILL redetect the card and install a windows default display driver (not pretty) now install the nvidia driver... and reboot. Hopefully a fresh install will fix this glitch.

I have had that very same option disabled (grayed out) for no apparent reason.

MAKE SURE that you reboot after you install the new drivers. After rebooting your resolution may default back to 640x480...

ALSO I would test directx 7 and 8 and 9 (through dxdiag) just to make sure they work correctly.

I know of the phase don't fix it if it ain't broke... but if agp acceleration isn't working swg may not run

Archived