Home

Problems running game on Riva TNT card

Guest ozzy1206

Guest ozzy1206

Hi everybody,

i habe problems running the game on RIVA TNT based graphics accelerator. Whenever I try to call up stats or load / save a game I get a full crash. Seems like everytime a pop-up window is required I get the crash. Im working with WIN98 on an AMD K6-2 450mhz, 256MB RAM, ELSA ERAZOR II PCI (RIVA TNT) with the latest drivers available and DirectX7. No problems when using a Voodoo2-accelerator, but slower gameplay. Can anybody help ?

------------------

Snakes ! I hate snakes !

Dude! I had the EXACT same problem you have but I was then running it with a Diamond Monster 3D (yeah, it was a 1st generation card but I recently upgraded to a Voodoo 3). Well, right before I upgraded my card, I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows 98, and then the game worked fine with the Diamond Monster 3D. Now I'm not saying you should go and reformat your hard drive, but if all else fails, it's worth a try. That's what I did.

------------------

"He possessed a strength the world had never seen, a strength surpassed only by the power of his heart."

Guest ozzy1206

Meanwhile I have solved the problem by installing some OLDER drivers.

Odd, isn't it ? Usually old drivers are the cause and not the solution ! Thanx anyway.

Archived