Home

Pop Ups

Lord Zarkarnis

Do you mean MSN Messenger? I dont think so,

you are probably getting messages from Messenger.

Messenger is a service that runs on Microsoft Windows XP Home/Pro and 2000/2003. It is for people who find a use for sending messages between computers on a network via an ip address. It is usefull when troubleshooting and talkin to other admins or users on computers on a LAN. The problem is it is based off of an ip address. This means if anyone find out your ip address, they can spam you with messages via Messenger. Luckily there is a way to disable it. To do so follow these directions, and plz ask if there are any other quetions.

1) Right click My Computer

2) Choose Manage

3) Click the plus sign next to the Services on the left tree panel

4) Click on Services now

5) Scroll down to Messenger (thats all its called, very simple nothing else, just Messenger)

6) Righ click on it and choose properties

5) Under startup choose disabled

6) Click apply and then Ok

7) Now in the left panel window where you see Messenger there should be a stop, and/or restart link. Make sure Messenger is highlighted in blue and click stop.

This should stop all Messenger popups...i do it to all my computers and all of my friends and families comps and they never get these Messenger popups again

If there is something u dont understand plz feel free to ask. Good luck

EDIT: I jsut realized you play on Valcyn as do I. My name is Cheopz Galu and I am a smuggler, if you need anything in-game feel free to message me (im headin down south from friday to monday but will be back on SWG tuesday.

Archived