Home

F*** this patch

llamastar

if they dont fix it...no way in hell im going to continue playing this game.

Im an expert TKA...and it's like im a newb all over again...everything i use to be able to kill, kills me. Everything i kill gives me 1 xp.

i lose 1/4 of my life for doing a cool move? wtf is that crap

Don't bother with Pistoleer. After this patch, I used Pistol whip 3x on a yellow MoB, got hit once and was incapped then death blowed. Hit once....best part was that it aggro'd me and I tried to knock it down so I could escape. Lag or not, the bastage hit me from 25m away. Did Player Melee's get that kind of enhancement? doubt it. After I cloned and appeared with 400 quickness wounds, even though I had save cloned at this facility, I figured they just upped the MoB's power. Fair enough I thought. Then I ran outside the cloning facility to check the bazaar and 3 aggro's jump me when i got there. Blue Mobs to me by the way. I used my knock down shot twice, Health2 once, supression fire once, then i got hit twice, dead again. Now mind you, I am master Dirty Fighter, Novice TK, and Novice Pistoleer with stances2, PistolMark1, and Advanced Pistol Marksmenship. For how much time and hurt you have to go through to earn that much Pistol xp and get nothing but more pain, it's just not worth it. At those levels, the skills you earn should do more damage to the MoB's HAM then what they do to yourself. I have heard the same from BH's that there pistol/carbine moves canabalize there Action pools for them as well.

Sure it is more enjoyable if say your a Artisian to not be able to run around and kill everything. To put these new "effects" in perspective, say if every time some one tried to craft a house or a PA Hall, they now failed 50% of the time, guaranteed. Making a game harder is one thing, and I agree they needed to do that in a major way. But this Patch has ruined playablity on the higher end for the combat class. You spend countless hours to obtain a Special Skill to help you kill the harder MoB's in the game, not to killer lower end stuff quicker. And I am not talking about an exploit or bug as to where I got new skill now I can run up to Dark Jedi and solo him. I am talking about soloing Yellow MoB's and such. 2 days ago I could solo a yellow MoB with time and tactics that i've learned playing over the last month. Now if I try to use special moves more then twice in a row, 2 things happen. You die because your Action HAM is all gone, or you run away, and then the MoB resets its health in its original spawn point. This is'nt making things harder, it's shutting the door on Solo hunting. Basically what the fix does is force you to run around and kill everything way lower then your skills to gain xp, instead of going to Dantoine or Lok to find single or double spawns to hunt for xp. Or force you into large groups that do the exact same thing hunting the higher end MoB's . So in effect this patch just made things worse for people like you Rado because now people like me will be running all around you killing all the lower end spawns to get xp by ourselves. :D

I think NOT because now we are going to play and kill better things together. That is cool I like playing in groups makes it more exciting I think. But I am hearing your point and If you are a big SOLOer that is going to make the game Much harder and not as much fun.

Well im on Kettemoor if you want to join our groups.

Originally posted by arguile

so you are pissed of that your cheap kd hits dont work anymore? get over it, that was broken from the start and you shouldve known that was coming.

Did you know there's a player mod labeled, "Defense vs. Knockdown". Did you know it's supposed to resist knockdown attacks? Well, guess what? It's not enabled.

Had they enabled that instead of nerfed what you ignorantly call a "cheap KD", knockdown would've received a natural nerf... rewarding those who actually point puts into the mod. Of course, though, you were probably one of the people screaming, "NERF! NERF! NERF!" and not even considering the possibility of that Defense vs. Knockdown.

LOL, never really said I was pissed;) , I just think its lame how the Devs never said or listed anywhere that Action Costs were going to skyrocket 10 fold. You should'nt just sign in the game and get whammed with out some warning. This stuff has been on the Test Server for over 2 weeks, they could have said this anytime but never did in any of the updates on there boards. If I knew that the costs would be what they are now, at least I could have then decided to spend the time, I pay for, on advancing into another class. And all of the attacks effected are not KD attacks either. The fact remains that If I have obtained a high level skill from an Elite proffesion, it SHOULD be extremley effective against a creature at or lower then my level without reprive of that action move killing me or doing MORE damage to my HAM bar then the MoB that I am fighting can do. How would you think that is being cheap? I don't think any one on this thread complained about not being able to solo Rancors, Jedis or Witches. I'm talking about Agents and Thugs on Naboo, and Huurton's on Dantooine that are Yellow or white to me. They fixed the KD exploit, at least so it became ineffective on the higher end MoB's, a couple weeks ago. Didn't have it then so I can't be accused of exploiting it. I am pretty sure you guys are talking from one of the starting proffessions perspective. If your not, then don't assume everyone who complains about a "fix" is someone who is mad because the lost there exploits. I despise cheaters. But if I pay for a service I should be able to voice an opinion on that service. Not every complainer is a cheater!!;):p

"Did you know there's a player mod labeled, "Defense vs. Knockdown". Did you know it's supposed to resist knockdown attacks? Well, guess what? It's not enabled. "

did you bother to think that maybe i wasnt referring just to PvP? people in every other profession are all in agreement that getting pistol xp is way easier than theirs? why is that? oh right because as the devs said these kd hits were making creature encounters trivial. this is an exploit if ive ever seen one. but id like to say im doing pistoleer myself, and im glad they are making kd not work as good, it sickens me that so many people want to do it just because its easy, rather than because they actually want to do pistols. gonk sorry you are having trouble with whites and yellows, but they are supposed to be equal to you anyway.

oh right because as the devs said these kd hits were making creature encounters trivial

What they said was that TK knock down was making the MOST DIFFICULT creature encounters trivial. Dont make me go quote dem Devs:p They fixed that a couple weeks ago. As for pistol xp, I am on Kettemoor as well, and there were tons of BH's, CH's, Master tailors, Arhitects, Rangers, Entertainers, Novie Tk's and Medics running around before I even saw more then 4 or 5 Novice Pistoleers. Not sure who is complaining about Pistol xp being to easy. Only ever been in a few PvP battles, didn't know pistoleers were owning. Guess I will have to go test this out now:D

Archived