Home

Indy - german version cut?

Guest Lestat

Help!

Does somebody know if the german version is

different (beside the speech of course...) from the others (green blood, cuts,...)???

Thank you

Guest Darth Timo

I do think so as the german version is "FSK: 12", the english is rated "Teen - animated blood - animated violence" and "FSK: 16".

very interesting to read about SimCity2000 and the not-evolving military bases. i've played this game (German version) to the very end and the only thing i never got was the fu... military base - i dreamed about it!!! and now it's just because of censorship? don't they know that doing such things is even more dangerous than let 'them' have military bases?

Guest Darth Timo

Thank you, BPjS, then!

(BPjS = Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Schriften).

It controlls what games are allowed to be sold and which not (Dark Forces, Doom, Quake, etc.) to persons under 18. This causes most of the shops to remove those games from their shelves because they must not be advertised. They would have to put them in a private romm - no shop does this!

Which is bogus.

I downloaded the English language demo from www.lucasarts.com and compared it to the German retail version. The amount of blood shown when killing enemies (Russians, for example) is exactly the same in both versions. In my opinion, graphic violence in Indy 5 is so moderate compared to other games that there would have been no need for censoring anyway.

Additionally, the German version has one great advantage over the US version: Indy has the original voice we got used to from all German synchronized Harrison Ford movies. This adds an even more Indy-like feeling to the game, something which US players unfortunately cannot have.

Lars

Archived