Home

Rifle or pistol-firing speed

TheDuke333

Hello all,

I think I have made a newbie mistake. You see I have decided to invest my limited time in advancing my rifle tree and my two handed weapon tree. Here's the problem. When My friend (who has advanced his pistol tree) and I go hunting, he fires almost constantly, and I fire every 5 seconds or so. I havent been able to find a rifle that fires any faster, and we seem to do the same amount of damage per regular fire. He has overcharge shot and all the same it seems as I. So have I made a mistake? I realize I can stop advancing rifle and start pistol, but is there another option?

Thx for your feedback,

TheDuke333

It's only a mistake if you decide you no longer want the rifle skill. Are you using your mind shots? You can do pretty good damage with that.

If you qualify for a spraystick get one. They fire pretty fast, I think mine was about 2.0. Also look into getting your weapon sliced.

Thnaks for the reply....I guess I dont use mind shot2 enough. I thought that you need to kill an opponent only through the health meter.

Is a spraystick a gun? Can I get rifle XP with it? Also, what can a Slicer do and where can I find somebody to do it?

I appreciate any and all help.

TheDuke333

A mob will drop if any of the HAM bars drops to 0. So if you get health, action, or mind to nothing down the mob goes, if it's you you'll be incapacitated.

Also, keep in mind that pistol skill abilities (health shot) focus damage on the health bar. Rifle abilities (mind shot) focus damage on the mind bar. Carbine abilities (leg shot) focus damage on the action bar. So if you and your buddy were both firing pistols with health shot you'd focus all your attacks on the health bar.

The Spraystick is a rifle, so you will get rifle experiance with it. I think it's the fastest rifle there is, so it's the best for close combat, that I've found, as a rifle.

Slicing is a Smuggler skill. I beleive a Master Smuggler can give a 35% increase to either damage or speed of a weapon. The increase is random, they have no control over that. A slicer can also slice armor to make it more effective.

I hope I answered your questions.

Yeah thanks, you have been very helpful. It makes sense now why when I try to do leg shot I get the"cant do that with this weapon" response.

Do I need to be further along than Expert rifle to use this Spraystick? Also, I have never seen one at the Bazaars. I currently have a DLT20 im using, but I purchased a Vector something or other than says "The damage will be greatly reduced or something" when I try to useit, I guess I'm not bad-assed enough yet?

When you click look at your skills (ctrl+s) look over and see what certifications you have. Those are all the weapons you can use. I would suggest getting a DL20a they can deal pretty descent damage and aren't too overpriced.

If you need money just keep using what you got and do missions, missions at Rebel Outpost, Rori give pretty good money and are close by, the rebel misssions are even better.

Good Luck in your travels.

~SK~

Archived