Home

Non single stances...

tcx

Since I got the demo I can't stop thinking about this.

I do believe all the saber choices are balanced.

In the game, according to the given information we will be able to choose after some levels the style of saber to play untill the end.

single saber with it's (very) useful 3 stances, dual sabers with the chance to change to the fast stance and the staff that could also be changed to a single saber stance: medium .

This all looks rather nice, but the single saber stances for the dual and the staff don't allow special moves neither they allow combos. (I believe I'm correct)

So... Why making the stance change possible?

With the staff you gain the throw ability and with the dual you get to block incoming fire better(hopefully!).

Is this all? When I read about these features in the official site I thought the changing stances would be complete making them useful.

I used to think that single saber would rule, but now...

Now I'm sure.

I'll have to say this.

With incomplete stances for an alternative, dual and staff can't compete with the all doing single, can they?

Well...when you think about it, the 3 single saber stances have some duplicated moves - there are only a few altered moves per stance, so overall you don't have many more moves available than the other stances.

It makes sense to me to limit special moves for the 'fast' stance with Dual or Saberstaff - or you could have a considerable advantage over single saber users.

Besides, with more evasive moves available, I don't think it's going to be as easy as you may think. ;)

If you could use all styles when turning one blade off, then there would be no point to choosing the single blade at all. But check out all of the special moves for the dual and staff sabers. They have about 3 special moves each, and the staff can kick in all directions and the dual can stab in multiple directions. So I dont think that it will be unbalanced at all.

Originally posted by TiBo

If you could use all styles when turning one blade off, then there would be no point to choosing the single blade at all. But check out all of the special moves for the dual and staff sabers. They have about 3 special moves each, and the staff can kick in all directions and the dual can stab in multiple directions. So I dont think that it will be unbalanced at all.

I can't agree with that. With single saber you get 3 stances, with (some) duplicated moves, as posted by StormHammer, but 3 stances anyway!

For you to adapt to situations, to all kinds of saber fighters or shooters!

Dual and staff, wich TiBo very well recalled, have special useful moves, but with them you only get one stance and a half!

OK, I am problably beeing exaggerated but :yoda:balanced they seem not!

The lack of adaptation when using dual or staff may come to unbalance things around...

Don't take me the wrong way!

I play dual most of the time. It's a great play and excellent in every situation, but we're all fighting bots, aren't we?!

Never found a single saber human opponent... ;)

Only in that situation will we take the final test!

Archived