Home

250 points. Is that enough?

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

I dont think so.

Otherwise you end up being excellent in one area but totally useless in other areas (like combat - being killed by a dwarf nuna is not fun! hehe)

I think the amount should be raised to 500 so you can at least be good at one thing but have skills for other things that you need to live and survive in the galaxy

DMUK

Here is the issue with this my friend. Having 500 would mean that you'd have a ton of Master BH/Master Pistoleer/Master Commando/ Master Rangers running around that have a speed rating of 150, accuracy of 170, run faster up hill than most people run down and deal 8800 points of damage per shot. This would be a severe downer to guys like me with combinations of Doctor and Pistoleer. Admittingly, I'd be able to pick up Master Pistoleer and Master BH to enhance my fighting capabilities, but it really would be quite boring.

Send in the clones.

The real question is, will they give us more skill points for vehicle related skills?

It is already rumored that they are going to give space only skill points when that comes out.

yea, mos def, 1. vehicles will rock.

Also, I've heard this 250 pts debate before. This is the thing, the 250 pts is bascially set for 1 base class (medic, brawler etc.), your major specialized class, and than your minor. I mean think about it. 500 pts you could basically become a master artisan, and master all the sub classes of that, hence eliminating all your competition, because you can make EVERYTHING, that would ruin the game for everyone else. 250 pts is fair. You gotta learn how to balace yourself.

http://swgcb.yogn.net/swg-cb.php?prof_id=14

that helps me out. Also, irl, what person do you see thats a navy seal, a world class entertainer, and a scientist at the same time?

hence, 250 pts, is fair.

250 points is plenty. I was playing around with the character builder and determined I could be a master merchant, master architect, and master droid engineer and still have points to spare. That's a lot.

As a bounty hunter I have to make the argument that we're forced to spend too many points on skills we don't use as the profession. For example, why should a bounty hunter have to master all of the scout skills. I understand having to have atleast two of the branches, but trapping? They're not able to be used on humanoids so why should a Bounty Hunter have to learn that? This would free up some much needed skill points for a master bounty hunter.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about having to be a master scout, I'm already there and didn't mind the skills at all. Give me a purpose to using some of those scout skills as part of my bounty hunter proffession and things would be better.

I look at commando's and they are pretty powerful. They only need one line from brawler and master marksman. They have a lot more skill points left over then bounty hunters.

But seriously, 250 points is plenty, as long as we don't have to sacrafice other skills to be able to operate a swoop bike. ;)

Archived