Home

Custom mp3 music?

hoetz

Originally posted by hoetz

Just wanted to move my duel mp3 musik pk3 file to the jedi academy base directory but in the game I couldn't get it to work (music command didnt find it). Does anyone know how to run custom mp3 music in Academy?

What is it, exactly, that you're doing? If you want our duel maps to use your music, you need to find out what mp3 files our JA duel maps are using and replace them... if you're using a pk3 made for Jedi Outcast, it was probably made to replace the music files used on the duel maps in *that* game...

Hey ChangKhan do you have any insight into the dismemberment command. Is it going to require a pk3 of some sort to be able to modify the probability and unwrite protect the sabermorerealistic cvar? I know folks are going in and trying to write over the .cfg file, with limited success. Was the write protect and low dismemberment probability intended by Raven for the full version? I'm not sure if anyone has asked these questions, so I thought I would try... Hope to hear a reply back. Thanks

I copied a pk3 file to the base folder of JA mith a "duel.mp3" file and the path "mp/duel" integrated in the mp3.

I tried to play the file using the "music" command in the console but the command keeps telling me that there is no duel.mp3.

I tried "music duel.mp3" and "music mp/duel/duel.mp3", none worked. What exactly do I have to do, to play a music piece with the console ?

Originally posted by hoetz

I copied a pk3 file to the base folder of JA mith a "duel.mp3" file and the path "mp/duel" integrated in the mp3.

I tried to play the file using the "music" command in the console but the command keeps telling me that there is no duel.mp3.

I tried "music duel.mp3" and "music mp/duel/duel.mp3", none worked. What exactly do I have to do, to play a music piece with the console ?

Oddly, the music command doesn't presume that the file is in the "music" folder, so you have to include that in the path. If it's in base/music/mp/, then type "music music/mp/duel.mp3"...

I might as well work my magic here...

While this works for just duel music, it can also work for general songs as well provided that you have something like the old JOJukebox script.

I recommend you have file extensions turned on.

1.) Create a folder, name it music.

2.) Create a folder inside of music, name it mp

3.) Transfer mp3 file to mp folder, rename it to duel.mp3

4.) Use a compression tool (WinZIP works just fine), and make sure you select the music folder to compress.

Provided you are using WinZIP, it should look like this:

Name Size Packed Path

duel.mp3 | space | packed | music/mp

If the path matches, you know you did it correctly.

5.) Move the zip file to the gamedata/base directory, then rename the file to whatever.pk3 (whatever is a generic name, name it whatever you want). It will ask you that the file will not be accessable, yadda yadda blah. Just hit Yes or OK. You can open it again later in a compressor program.

If you want to use your own music, but not have to use it strictly for dueling, then just rename your songs to something short, throw it in the mp folder, and either use the music command:

music music/mp/whatever.mp3

or get the JOJukebox script (note, I don't know if it has carried over to JA yet).

Taking any and all questions.

And one final note: IF the server is a pure server, then the server admin needs a copy of your .pk3 for the custom music to work.

Archived