Home

C'Mon ! There's gotta be more ! Hidden Missions ??

Astrotoy7

OK- I love JA. I do like MP, but only really get into it after I've become tired of the SP experience. Does anyone know anything about hidden SP missions ? I may be recalling incorrectly, but I think I read some statements/posts from a Raven person commenting on such hidden things that "we will have to look for"

Does anyone know if you can access the swoop stuff on its own, apart from just reloading that level, wouldnt it be great if it could be part of the MP !

Ok, I'm sure I'm probably not the first one to say it, but I CANT WAIT FOR JK4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be interesting to see the storylines continued........

MTFBWYA !

**Also on the subject of getting more out of JA - is there anyway to import the SP levels of JO into JA so you can basically go through JO levels with your JA character

I read in another thread this can be done with the MP levels, can anyone help !

I've been working on moving the JO single player maps into JA and have had some success. I've been able to get the maps themselves into JA, there are only three problems which I don't know can be resolved, all revolving around cinematics. One is that Raven used the same filenames for the dialogue in JO as they did JA, so the JO maps load the JA dialogue during the course of things spoken by Kyle, Luke or Tavion. It sounds pretty rediculous. Also for some reason most of the animations don't work during the cinematics. In addition to this, a few of the cinematics tend to get stuck so you can't progress through the level. Besides that however, it really isn't that difficult to import the JO levels into JA and open then via the console.

I tried putting the JO pk3 files in the gamedata directory and loading them as a mod but it didn't work. First there was just a problem with the versions, but after I deleted the version file for some reason the program could not load the maps, it could not load the dat files for weapons for some reason.

you can spawn a swoop or any vehicle in Ja,

first you have to type "helpusobi 1" in the console to enable cheats,

then you can spawn vehicles by typing "npc spawn vehicle" and then a vehicle eg. "npc spawn vehicle swoop"

heres a list of vehicles i know of:

rancor_vehicle

tie-fighter

tie-bomber

x-wing

lambdashuttle

atst_vehicle

tauntaun

swoop

wampa_vehicle

z-95

theres more but i cant remember the names of them.

these work in sp and mp if you enable cheats

For those of us that are a bit slow - can you please explain the easiest way of doing this. Of course cutscenes are going to interfere, but I'd really love to have a go with some of those JO SP maps.

what command would you use to load it as a map, how do you load it as a mod, does anyone know ???

MTFBWYA

The way I've imported JO into JA is I've extracted from my assets0.pk3 (in the JO/base directory) all the files under the directories:

eagle\

models\items\

models\map_objects\

maps\

scripts\

textures\

Then compile them into a new (or several new) pk3 file obviously not named assets0, and put them into the base directory. Its not all that complicated, although somewhat time consuming. Then load the maps using the console. They don't work like they would normally, its kind of buggy, but for the most part it plays okay.

Archived