Home

Kick Tracker!!!

skinnypoo

i run 2 servers for our Clan... +POO+ Clan....we have been playing since day 1 of JK2...we feel kick should be an option that we can toggle on/off and it should be controlable....kinda like the jediplus 4.3 mod.

There should be a "Kick Tracker" server side...that would use the following 5 variables to restrict Kick spam:

KickMax: Maximum number of consecutive kicks allowed variable

KickTime: Time frame in seconds that KickMax would be allowed

KickMinDamage: Minimum health damage a kick would perform

KickMaxDamage: Maximum health damage a kick would perform

KickPenalty: Penatly for Kick spammers

Example....

seta KickMax 3

seta KickTime 20

seta KickMinDamage 10

seta KickMaxDamage 25

seta KickPenalty 75

this would allow a player to perform 3 kick attacks within 20 seconds...and the damage of the kicks would be a range from 10-25 on the targets health.

any more request for kicks within that time would sap the kicker's force level by -75 and also just make the player run up to the target and just stop...kinda like runing into a wall...(since the force level of the kicker would be reduced the kicker couldnt perform a major attack also)

See...simple way to allow kicks and control kick spam.

Visit Our Nice New Site: http://www.pooclan.us

actually no...i have a programing bkgnd...and wonder why

these type of variables/level of control is being left to modders.

i guess raven wants modders to feel like they hacked something worthwhile...thus creating a large moddin community...and extra life for the game.

;)

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple, Stupid.

....That's why.

Besides, can you imagine the chaos if everything had a cvar? We have enough problems with some simple admin commands. Give admins control over every game element and you'd have 50 zillion servers with one hit kick kills and blasters that do 1 point of damage. Do you really want to spend an hour finding a server with the settings you want?

Archived