Home

Possible Single Player Solution

ElkGroveDJ

For those of us who are having difficulties getting retail version of Jedi Academy's single player, here's a link to a file which should clear up the start up issue. I have no qualms about using it since I pre-ordered the game from LucasArts and for the first 5 days was not able to get the single player portion of the game to work. I am looking forward to the official patch however. Here's the link

http://dl.gamecopyworld.com/dl.cgi?gruswjkafcd!rar

The file is zipped in .rar format so you may have to search for an unzip program.

:lsduel:

Originally posted by ElkGroveDJ

I have no qualms about using it since I pre-ordered the game from LucasArts and for the first 5 days was not able to get the single player portion of the game to work.

Well, you're a more patient man than I, Elk. I only made it about 5 *hours*... Before I stumbled across your other, quite helpful, post. :D

Listen to the man, folks; that noCD patch solved it for me too. I'm on Hoth now. :)

No problem angryed. I have not really had any problems with previous Raven FPSs so I was irritated when I was not able to get Jedi Academy to work with my PC setup which is updated regularly. I purchase a lot of games so when one does not work I search the net for some solutions which other talented individuals may derive. Thanks to the gimpsRus fix I too have just gotten past the Hoth level and I was quite impressed by the detail. I'll still purchase LucasArts and Raven games but I wish the support teams was more capable of coming up with a solution to the CD check crash issue. I'll gladly purchase a game but hate spending a few days trying to get it to work on a system which usually exceeds minimum specs. Have fun playing Academy, I sure am now.

As far as cd protection goes, I agree that publishers should use some type of protection to make sure people must purchase their product. I think that Raven should have used a CD key like they did with Soldier of Fortune 2 which would kick individuals in multi-player games if there were duplicate cd keys. I had no problem getting that game to work when I first bought it. Once again LucasArts and Raven need to bust out that patch very soon.

Archived