Home

Push & Pull effect trouble

Irlut

Hi folks!

I just bougt this neat new laptop (:D) with a Radeon 9000 Mobility card in it (32MB VRAM). Anyways... I used to play JA on my desktop PC (well, it's a tower) which has a GF2 GTS (also 32MB VRAM), and I had all the old push and pull effects from JO that we all know and love. Now, on my laptop which has a more powerful (?) graphics card, I get some horrible translucent/magnifying circle-thingy, and the old effect. It looks kinda nice, but the big problem is that it drops my framerate from 60+ to ~15 for the duration of the effect. Is there any way to turns this of? I've tried the r_ambientglow (or whatever it's called) since I'm on a radeon, but that didn't make much of a difference. Anyone feeling like helping me out?

Machine specs are:

(Dell Latitude D600)

Pentium M 1.4GHz

640MB RAM

Radeon M9 32MB (Radeon 9000 Mobiliy)

Running Windows XP and Dell's shipped drivers (no clue on which version 'tis, I havn't dared to try any new ones, either)

The desktop box is a:

Dual XP2000+

MSI K7D Master-L

512MB RAM

GeForce 2 GTS 32MB

Running Win2k and fairly recent nVidia drivers (from their site)

Originally posted by Side

u know u can push while ur in a saber lock rite?

if so u can try to script it...lol

Force push just pushes bots out of a saberlock. So I`m not technically winning a saberlock. My defintion of winning a saberlock is to actually get a hit/kill or a knockdown just like in JO.

Archived