Home

Editing

acewombat

I been away from editing for a while I kinda stopped doing it last year but I had made several sp levels for outcast. Academy has kinda got me in the mood again. Do you still use radiant if so where is the most current version? Do the old outcast mods and skins and models work with academy? Also do you put custom npcs in the same way as in outcast cause I thought it was kinda a pain.

Originally posted by acewombat

I been away from editing for a while I kinda stopped doing it last year but I had made several sp levels for outcast. Academy has kinda got me in the mood again. Do you still use radiant if so where is the most current version? Do the old outcast mods and skins and models work with academy? Also do you put custom npcs in the same way as in outcast cause I thought it was kinda a pain.

Yes, in fact Raven used GTKRadiant for Academy, I've heard. Right now, there is a compiler that has Academy support, but I don't think there are any entity definition files for Academy yet.

There is code in Academy to adapt Outcast models into the newer model skeleton. I'm not sure about if whole mods in general will work, though.

The new NPC system is nice in Academy. It's entirely in NPC files, in the ext_data/npcs directory. New variables allow you to specify the saber hilt and saber type, as well as color, and can specify force powers.

Also, you know longer have to have a prefix on the NPCs name; like in JO if you wanted a Jedi npc named Bob, the npc would need to be "JediBob" or something. Now you can just name the npc Bob, and specify it's class to be JEDI, and it will work like it should!

If you know enough of the ropes, you should just unzip the assests files from Academy and poke around the files to check everything out. What I've been doing until definitions files are released!

Archived