Home

which is better Xbox or PC for this game

pauldascott

Well let's see...

Graphics:

Xbox version - will look great, but in a year or two it will still look the same.

PC version - it may run well or poorly (depending on your computer) but in a year or two, it may look and run better if you've got better hardware by then.

Editing:

Xbox version - no word on if you can use mods, but I'd give it 99.99999% certainty of that being a "no." At best they might include some unlockable skins or levels, but it'll be a drop in the bucket compared to JA, which can already use the majority of JK2 addons.

PC version - editing is what will keep people coming back to the game long after they've beaten SP senseless and played every MP map that it came with to death.

Controls:

Xbox version - you're stuck with whatever controllers the Xbox uses. Won't be too bad for sabers, but guns will be sluggish without auto-aim.

PC version - you have your choice of the thousands of different peripherals for pc's, although most would agree that an optical mouse with 5 buttons and a wheel + keyboard is the best for FPS games.

Multiplayer:

Xbox version - you'll be stuck with split screen 2 player (or maybe 4 player if you get lucky) until Xbox Live support is established, then you'll essentially be paying to play.

PC version - play online right now free (of course whatever you pay for your online service, which may be free, cheap, or it may be pricey but good broadband). No split screen but many prefer having the whole screen to yourself in a competative game anyway.

The biggest reason right now is that you can play the PC version right now, just head to any store or order online. The Xbox version you'll have to wait almost 2 months. And you know the PC version will go down in price before the console...

Actually you dont have to pay to play XBOX online.

(nothing illegal here fellas microsoft is well aware of this and can do nothing about it cus its a legal loophole)

But basically you need a PC (I know whats the point but actually it works with any XBOX live game)

A router

last but not least theres a little piece of software you run on ur pc that will pass all the packets thru the pc's ports from and to the XBOX which then connects you to dedicated online servers much like you would the PC version of the game.

(My thinking is that there is nothing(legal) forcing you to use XBOX live exclusively for online MP gaming.)

ITs early saturday morning so bear with me while I contact my IT guru for the link to the program)

Hi im new to these forums:) I have visited jediknightii.net allot in the past but didn't knew this site excisted... Sorry for off topic just wanna say hello, and sorry for my bad english:(

On topic: Well it depends... Ever played Knights of the old republic or Splinter cell? Microsoft is paying the companies to release allot of extra free downloadstuff. Thats a part of what your paying for xbox live, but you can play online for free over xbconnect.com!

It depends - If their will be any big mods, then that will be only on the PC.

But if you like voice chat better than normal keyboard chat then you should get the xbox version. Everybody has a headset(u get it when u get live)!

I currently have the PC version - And i think its cool:) So i will stick with it.....

Archived