Home

So it's come to this...

Sherack Nhar

Announcing Final Fantasy VII: The Advent Children.

This is going to be a direct-to-DVD full-length CG movie, much like FF: The Spirits Within, but without a theatrical release.

It's set a few years after the end of FFVII (although we're not sure which ending we're talking about here, the meteor or the Nanaki ending). Apparently Sephiroth comes back, which will undoubtedly ruin the great character that he was in the game.

My god, I thought that the Square-Enix merger would put an end to this nonsense. Ruining the name of one of the best RPG series is one thing; but ruining the name of one of the BEST, NEAR-PERFECT games in this series is much, much worse.

Look at the visual style below. They're rehashing the same old horrid style that was first introduced in FF8 and then expanded on FF10, 10-2, and 11. Why, Square, why? Have they no shame? Good, official FF7 artwork was already drawn and readily available ever since the game was released. Why couldn't they follow *that* visual style, in order to keep a sense of consistency? This looks more like FFX-3 than FFVII-2. Look how pathetic things have become... this is nonsense!

EDIT: Having problems with my links... this should work now:

News Story:

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html?fromint=1

First pic:

ff7_movie_030923.jpg

Second picture (link because it's big)

Oh, come on, Clefo, why do you hate it so much. It had the best battle system of any Final Fantasy, a good story (though certainly not on VII's level), great music, a lot of extras, including what is possibly the biggest and best minigame ever in blitzball, and was just a ton of fun. I've played it all the way through several times.

I'll have to disagree on the Story and Music sections. The Battle System was okay, but the story REALLY turned me off. And there's also the fact that they have all this "Great" voice acting but never say Tidus' name ONCE. Christ, what do we pay you people for? *mumbles*

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Clefo

And there's also the fact that they have all this "Great" voice acting but never say Tidus' name ONCE.

They wanted to you to be able to call him whatever you wanted. And give them a break on the voice acting, it's a video game made in Japan, and it wasn't that bad.

Originally posted by Tie Guy

I'm a bit skeptical about this whole thing as well, though i can't agree with you about ruining the series. FFVIII was my favorite FF and FFX was also a great game.

Actually when I said "ruining the series" what I had in mind was more along the lines of the FF MMORPG and FFX-2...

I just spent most of my weekend playing FFX. Good game, I like it. I can't judge the story too much, since I've only had something like 7-8 hours in it so far, but I like the characters and the battle system. Still not fond of the whole realistic style though.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I think FFX brought well enough changes on its own. Seeing Yuna with guns and skimpy clothing just to increase sales totally throws me off; this thing isn't for me. I'd feel manipulated just by playing it, so I won't touch this one with a ten-foot pole!

Yeah, the whole Yuna/Rikku thing is definately a marketing ploy, but hey, that's business. And that doesn't mean it can't be a fun game, either.

Archived