Home

How to stab someone on the ground?

Tsaya

Alright, before you flame:

I did read the manual, i did read the in-game moves archive and I do know the combination is "forward + jump + attack". But I just can't get it to work anymore. Before I got the higher level moves it worked just fine. But since I became a Jedi Knight this exact combination results in my character jumping over the enemy and performing some kind of DFA attack.

So how do I stab someone on the ground?

foward + attack doesn't always work for me.

I had the same problem while in medium (yellow) stance Tsaya, I finally gave up on using it in medium. it seems to be range sensitive and those two moves are apparently have overlapping ranges.

lots of details like this are needed on the first patch.

Medium Stance ground stab works perfectly fine for me (we're talking MP here btw).

The hard part is knocking somebody down if you just have the single saber.

But it does work, 100% sure.

I tested this by blasting bots with the secondary Concussion Rifle, which is an easy way to do knock downs. I then switch to saber and quickly press forward+attack. I do the stab every time (though it's hard to hit because they usually geta away).

Incidentally, while testing, Andy867 and I discovered that it's possible to push almost any projectile. If your timing is absolutely perfect, under ideal conditions, you can push away a primary concussion blast (it doesn't go back towards the shooter, but it can cause splash damage against them if it hits a nearby wall).

In JK2 you could push away blaster shots in this manner, but it only worked on about 1 out of every 10 shots. This time you can get it on every shot if you just time it perfectly. Of course it's still fairly useless because you'll run out of mana long before they run out of ammo. The splash damage from the concussion shot did 10 shield damage to me, that was it. Secondary got through every single time. Guns like the ST Rifle are way to fast to catch more than one or two shots anyway. Push is still ideal for big, slow projectiles like secondary Repeater and Merr Sonn rockets, but it was just interesting to see....

Archived