Home

dedicated server w/Linksys router WAN

somebozo

First, I am running legal purchased versions of JA.

Second, I can't get the dedicated game to accept my WAN (wide area network) IP address. It will only accept incoming connections from me from another computer within my network if assigned the servers local IP address of 192.168.1.101 which can only be seen within my network and cannot be seen outside my network in other words a LAN game. Now when I try to force the game to use the WAN IP address (internet exposed IP address) by doing this target command line:

"D:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jampDed.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip “216.221.xxx.xx” +set sv_pure 1 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set com_hunkMegs 32 +set com_soundmegs 16 +exec server.cfg

I get this during the jampDed servers startup:

---Common Initialization Complete---

Winsock Initialized

Opening IP Socket: 216.221.xxx.xx:29070

WARNING: UDP_OpenSocket: bind: WSAEADDRNOTAVAIL

Hostname: xxxxxxxxxxxx

IP: 192.168.1.101

Correct me if i'm wrong, but it looks like to me that there may be a bug with the game not allowing incoming and outgoing on any other IP address but the one that is assigned to the computer that the dedicated server is loaded on to. With my Linksys router the 216.221.xxx.xx is the WAN address and the UDP ports are open and being forwarded to address 192.168.1.101 which is the address of the computer that the dedicated server is is to run from. Is there any other way besides: set net_ip “216.221.xxx.xx” to tell the game to run on a specific IP address????? I have the server.cfg file working perfectly, if I could only get server visibility on the internet so I don't have to play with bots.

Actually JED, I think I'll take care of this one since I was in the same boat as him.

What you need to do first is remove the +set net_Ip command

That is what is causing the WSADDRNOTAVAIL error

then add this command +set net_port 29071

second, what you will need to do is go to the router's config options, which is defaulted by http://192.168.1.1 then from there, you will need to enter leave the username blank, and enter admin into the password, and from there, you will need to go to the Advanced options and under the first screen from there, scroll to the very bottom and where it says BLOCK WAN REQUEST (which is enabled by Default) you will need to DISABLE this command.. and then click apply... then after the 8 seconds have passed, go under the forwarding tab, which can be found near the top of the window, and type in 29071 for the first empty space for ports and then 29079 for the second space... this will open ports 29071, 29072, 29073..., 29079 which will allow the master server to see it and broadcast your dedicated game to the master server for others to play (though it takes time since no one really likes to join an empty game. ) Then you will need to enter your lan IP which apparently is 192.168.1.101 and you will need to set the options for UDP and TCP and click the enable option on the far right if there is one. then click apply (since it needs to be done on ANY change made on that screen so that the change takes effect).

After doing that (which I know seems like a lot), your game should be up and running and let it go for several hours and see if any outside people join.

Archived