Home

Siege_Destroyer - Team Request

WadeV1589

We may not have the official tools yet, but we do have GTKRadiant and can map for JA, Q3Map2 fully supports JA already so we can create JA compliant BSP's without a problem. I can map/model/create textures/create shaders and have been doing for 2 years for Q3 games so it's not like I'm some...I fear to use the word...n00b at moddin. I've also got a passive knowledge of how to create siege maps and someone on my mod team has a scary fixation of lookin at the code of everything, be it actual C++ code or the machine code....anyhow either way he's pointed out a few things to me too.

A lot of people expressed interest in having a siege map based on the siege_destroyer level that was not included in the final but a German magazine showed. It is possible to have flying vehicles as most of you know in MP.

So basically, I don't want to attempt a huge siege map (and trust me, it's be HUGE) where you have fighters bombers and wings and eventually end up on a ship...I may know how to do it, but I sure as hell don't want to do it all alone!

Does anyone want to attempt to start this with me? We could do with a couple of people, one to map or model the exterior of the ship, one to set up the siege information, and a couple to map the interior of the ship....of course we'd all have to work together to come up with the tasks required in order for either team to win!

Please get in touch with me MSN/Email link_meier@msn.com or post here, thanks in advance!

One of the moderators here has already said they won't be releasing it in a patch as LEC was against it, that's why it was removed in the first place.

The release of the "how to make a siege map" would, of course, be in the official GDK release, my point is we can start now :p

Archived