Home

Jedi Academy, Opinions

JJ87

Hi all hows it going. Whats Jedi Academy like, never played it before was thinking of getting it, also why isnt it being released on PS2, but Xbox an PC? Really dont no why.

Any help would be nice.

Cheers :confused:

Really depends on what you like.

Most of the single play missions are just charging through a linear level hacking everyone as you go. There are a couple of exceptions but certainly nothing like the level in jedi outcast where you had to sneak around unseen.

Multiplay isn't to bad but most everyone uses dual sabers and staff and many times they mash keys. People are learning how to defeat key mashers and so duels are definently improving now.

New things involve levels where you pick which one to play (in groups of 5)...or rather, you pick the order. Also new model customization and of course new saber moves and styles. (dual and staff added).

Other then that the game seemed, to me, to be like something your average community modder would do. The levels weren't not tons of fun, in my opinion, and the game overall seemed incomplete. Seemed like they cut every corner they could to get the game out as quickly as possible.

Worth the money? Sure...if you compare the time you spend using Jedi Academy and its cost to the time you spend in the movie theater and the cost of a movie...its probably worth it.

Jedi Outcast was released on the Mac, Xbox and Gamecube, but not on the PS2.

The Xbox is essentially a stripped down custom pc, so porting it to that format is actually the easiest of the consoles (although it will have to be scaled back just like JK2 was for the Xbox, graphics wise since the Xbox can't handle it).

A PS2 version could be made, but no plans have been announced. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but given LucasArts's past love affairs with M$ and the fact that JK2 never came out for the PS2, makes me think that it won't happen. That's just my hunch...

My honest opinion is that I like JA. It's not a perfect game by any means, but in most respects its the same or better than JK2 was, for me.

Archived