Home

JA map filter for All-Seeing Eye

Darth Belan

Hey guys and gals, I've been doing map filters for BF1942 in ASE (The All-Seeing Eye) so I thought I'd make one for JA. If you would like a copy of my filter.txt file for ASE drop me a P.M.

What it adds are all the maps, broken down by gametype, using it's actual name, ie. "Rift Sanctuary" which is map ffa4. I also cleaned up the Gametypes by placing them in one folder and making each a checkbox.

I posted this over at the ASE forums located here. Hopfully they'll accept it, they usually do.

ASE is awesome. I signed up for a lifetime license (not sure if they still offer this) last year. They had filters for JA out the day after the game was released. Again, AWESOME!

How about putting a No Betas filter in your custom set, Lord Storm. You can filter for the string "*internal*" in the version field. Useful to keep out those leaked beta servers that may still be around.

Here you go, just cut and paste at the bottom of the JA filter in your filters.txt file. I also added an OS filter, so you can choose between Windows or Linux.

Jedi Academy\Server OS

Group: NUL

Jedi Academy\Server OS\Windows

Group: JK3SER

Mutex: JK3SER

1 if version != "*win*" remove

Jedi Academy\Server OS\Linux

Group: JK3SER

Mutex: JK3SER

1 if version != "*linux*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version

Group: NUL

Jedi Academy\Version\1.0

Group: JK3VER

Mutex: JK3VER

1 if version != "JAmp: v1.0*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version\Internal

1 if version != "(internal)*" remove

Jedi Academy\Version\Other

Flags: OTHER

Enjoy!

This thread started out with my map filter for JA. But a request was made for a version filter. Your way removes the internals completely, but as was pointed out not all internals are leaked betas. So now you have a choice. Along with the OS filter, cause some people just prefer playing on Linux servers.

Originally posted by Lord Storm

This thread started out with my map filter for JA. But a request was made for a version filter. Your way removes the internals completely, but as was pointed out not all internals are leaked betas. So now you have a choice. Along with the OS filter, cause some people just prefer playing on Linux servers.

Ugh. Are you serious? Because on the first couple of days, all *internal* servers were betas. Now some aren't? Are we back to brute force try-each-server? Blah.

Archived