Home

Anyone have JA mod and patch recommendations

Vsync

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any good map and mod recommendations. So far kotor_flight_school, Forest Sanctuary and rancor pit seem pretty good as human vs human levels. I just wanted to know if anyone knows of any other good levels(like some JKO levels that might be used with JKA similar to these. Also with the patch coming out what stuff would you recommend Raven put in? I personally would like to see bots that use singleplayer intelligence without having to spawn some npcs. Also bots that know how to use vehicles. What would you guys like to see in the patch.

-Fix the missing sounds (grapples, cartwheels, kicks), and if they have time the "generic taunts" for the JK2 characters in MP should be fixed. As the Chiss for example I'm sick of just saying "Take that!" in the generic human male voice. I'd much rather say "Who cares? Out of sight is out of mind says us..." like he does in JK2. For now I just run the JKII_voices.pk3 on my server to compensate.

-remove certain "cheat" models (I won't get into specifics on this one)

-add "flip kicks" (with Level 2 force jump + saber or melee), the "choke hold" grapple (attack+alt attack with melee), and missing sound effects to g_debugmelee mode.

-add bot routes to Siege

-fix the bot behavior (especially in Vjun). The bots will get "stuck" standing in place at the bottom of the map near the foggy pit and just stand there or running in a tight circle (making them a pathetically easy target). Or they'll get stuck on corners.

Many of the saber using bots will "assfight" (attack you with their back turned continuously) but never ever do a backstab. Either make them do the backstab or else have them face you (so they can actually block your attacks instead of being a super easy target even on Jedi Master difficulty). Also add in the missing bots like Lando.

-add in bot orders in team games (tell a bot to cover you and he should, or to defend the base and he should, attack, etc. or roam free.. just like you can already do in Q3A).

-fix the server listing bug with the master server. Apparently a lot of people host servers that won't always appear on the master list but are visible in gamespy or ASE. People shouldn't need a third party program to see all servers!

-Add the option of using a semi-transparent (arms only) Kyle skin for CG_FPLS 1/G_FPLS 1. Right now the command is fairly useless since the player's head gets in the way. Make it usable in MP at least like it was in JK2 1.04.

-Add the Millennium Falcon model (YT-1300) back into MP as a spawnable drivable vehicle.

That's about all I can think of right now, otherwise the game seems pretty dang good.

Sure it'd be cool if they worked on the vehicles some more to make the handling better, but the other stuff is a priority in my mind. Just release the vehicle code and let modders mess with flying X-wings in space. ; )

Originally posted by Kurgan

-Fix the missing sounds (grapples, cartwheels, kicks), and if they have time the "generic taunts" for the JK2 characters in MP should be fixed. As the Chiss for example I'm sick of just saying "Take that!" in the generic human male voice. I'd much rather say "Who cares? Out of sight is out of mind says us..." like he does in JK2. For now I just run the JKII_voices.pk3 on my server to compensate.

-remove certain "cheat" models (I won't get into specifics on this one)

-add "flip kicks" (with Level 2 force jump + saber or melee), the "choke hold" grapple (attack+alt attack with melee), and missing sound effects to g_debugmelee mode.

-add bot routes to Siege

-fix the bot behavior (especially in Vjun). The bots will get "stuck" standing in place at the bottom of the map near the foggy pit and just stand there or running in a tight circle (making them a pathetically easy target). Or they'll get stuck on corners.

Many of the saber using bots will "assfight" (attack you with their back turned continuously) but never ever do a backstab. Either make them do the backstab or else have them face you (so they can actually block your attacks instead of being a super easy target even on Jedi Master difficulty). Also add in the missing bots like Lando.

-add in bot orders in team games (tell a bot to cover you and he should, or to defend the base and he should, attack, etc. or roam free.. just like you can already do in Q3A).

-fix the server listing bug with the master server. Apparently a lot of people host servers that won't always appear on the master list but are visible in gamespy or ASE. People shouldn't need a third party program to see all servers!

-Add the option of using a semi-transparent (arms only) Kyle skin for CG_FPLS 1/G_FPLS 1. Right now the command is fairly useless since the player's head gets in the way. Make it usable in MP at least like it was in JK2 1.04.

-Add the Millennium Falcon model (YT-1300) back into MP as a spawnable drivable vehicle.

That's about all I can think of right now, otherwise the game seems pretty dang good.

Sure it'd be cool if they worked on the vehicles some more to make the handling better, but the other stuff is a priority in my mind. Just release the vehicle code and let modders mess with flying X-wings in space. ; )

I know it is possible for bots to use vehicles because if they can take the subroutines from the swoop bike mission (the level where even if you knocked a guy off he would look for a bike and chase you) and combine it with one of the single player enemy AI offline play would not be that bad. Like you said better bot path finding. I really like this game and wouldn't want it to end up like Star Trek Voyager Elite Force 2 which was a good game, but had little support because the of the weak multiplayer options even though the game had good bot support. If Raven doesn't release some good tools before late October the community might dwindle with games like BF Vietnam and the Unreal2k4 demo coming out around that time.

I have XP too. Are you putting the files in the game/base directory. You should be able to see because there are a bunch of pk3 files in there. Then you select mod from the menu, I think it's under settings, and select mod. By the way maps go in the base folder too. You should go to http://www.pcgamemods.com they have some very good maps like kotor_flight_school which lets you fly planes and Rancor pit which makes you fight rancors, both are multi maps by the way.

Make a folder like this:

\GameData\mod

and put the pk3 file in the \mod folder.

Then start up JA, go to "play" and then "mods."

There should be "mod" listed (or sometimes just "mo" or the first letter) click on it and click "load" then it should be loaded.

If it's just a map or skin you use often, drop it into /base (the pk3, not the zip) and then every time you start JA it will be available.

It should be no different in Xp than anything else.

You can open pk3s (if you're curious) with winzip (they're just like a zip file renamed).

id say port omnimod or gen x or soemthing over to JA, for rpg's maybe, or soemthin, also uhhh id want raven to include soem ship flyin maps, im all about the space ships, make a DeathStar ship map, Hoth ship map, something!!! they did the right thing adding ships to MP, but they have no maps for them, otehr than teh SP map T2_trip, thank goodness for kotor_flight_school, i used t2_trip so long i could go full throttle thru it and back with me eyes closed lol....but yea, port over soem stuff from JK2 maybe

Archived