Home

I just bought JA and...

SeanTB123

I think it's getting a lot of undue negativity. I realize that the game is essentially a glorified expansion pack to Jedi Outcast, but when judged by itself, I find it to be an exceptional game. When weighed against Jedi Outcast, I really think Academy wins in pretty much every respect (except for Multiplayer, which I haven't tried out yet). The missions seem to more varied, namely the train mission, the rancor mission, the merchant ship mission, and the boba fett mission (I didn't mark spoilers because all of these appear in trailers).

Yes, I agree the game does lack some polish here and there. The fact that all the males; kel-dor, rodian and human, all have the same voice kind of makes you raise an eyebrow.

I've heard complaints that the mission structure detracts from a singular cohesive story, but I don't really see it. All the missions relate directly to the main storyline in their own way.

Feel free to contest my opinions.

I said it before, I'll say it again, Siege Mode and the potential it represents alone was worth it for me.

Granted, I really want more maps and bot support, but I can always hope for a patch...

I think some people were expecting a whole new engine with Doom3/Unreal 2 quality graphics and a totally revamped Saber combat engine. Since they didn't get that, they bashed the game as being only an incremental improvement.

Still, it's a fun game, has more variety and is equal to or better than JK2 in all areas, except for a few minor bugs. Again, hopefully a patch will address those (without messing with the winning gameplay formula already in place).

I agree, this game has great potential but really does need some patches. The release of the animation tools made way for people to make their own saber styles and attacks, the vehicles open up a whole new area of online vehicle combat in this, the siege mode is awesome, people can make their own clothing too..... there's a lot to be done by the modding community and I can't wait to see what they can come up with. It's a shame they didn't include the star destroyer siege map though.

Until that StarDestroyer Siege map gets made, check out KOTOR Flight School.

Lets you fly the ships around without cheats and blow up asteroids or dog fight each other (though its harder to control the ships if there's a lot of lag).

Available from pcgamemods.com or other sites...

Archived