Home

Need help installing CMI

Bunta

Hi,

Well i just bought Curse of Monkey Island for my bro. We were trying to install it on his computer yesterday but it wouldn't work. Here's what it does:

I put the cd in the cd drive. And it boots up like it should.

So then i click Install, then i hear the monkey noises, which i'm guessing you are suppose to hear.

But after that, nothing happens. It just sits there and never starts to install. The computer doesn't freeze up or anything. So we don't know whats wrong.

I don't know if this helps, but my bro is running on XP, and his computer meets all the system requirements for the game and more so. I asked on here and people said that having XP wouldn't matter. So does anyone know how to get the install to work?

go to start, and then run and type in D:\INSTALL\setup (assuming the letter of your CD drivge is D) and press run. This should work, if not open your CD folder (my computer, right click cd drive and click open) then double click on the install folder and then setup (the one with the computer as the icon) and double click. If all else fails, right click on said file, select properties, clcik on the compatability tab and then click the tick box for 'Run in compatability mode for and then select windows 98/me.

Hope this helps. And just to note, these kinds of topics should be in the hints and broken things forum, which is where I am now moving it.

Archived