Home

Custom Weapons for NPCs.

Scoundrel

I have some Clonetrooper NPCs, but blasters they use are bit weird looking hands of those. (I mean, that they used different blasters)

I noticed Clonetooper rifle model in JK2 files, and I dont want it to replace old blaster. How can I get it as new weapon that only NPCs can use? Thanks.

Get Winzip or Winrar or whatever. Open up the "Assets1.pk3" Extract the "weapons.dat", and then open and extract the blaster model info for the clonetrooper file and for the clonetrooper NPC info. Now, in the "weapons.dat" you'll find a list of weapons. Under the NPC Only weapons, put "WP_CLONERIFLE" or something. Copy what the E-11 uses for effects or whatnot, and make sure it will be looking for the "WP_CLONERIFLE" or whatever. Now, make sure you extract the E-11 effects and stuff just in case the game is finicky. Now, open the "NPC" file for the Clonetrooper. Where it says "weapon", put in "WP_CLONERIFLE", and make sure all your files and folders are the proper directory, then make sure they are in a "dummy" folder, then compile it all into a zip file. After it's successfully been zipped up, rename the ".zip" extension to ".pk3" and it should say something about the file becoming "unstable" or "unreadable" or whatever. Click yes. Now, put the .pk3 in your Gamedata/Base folder where the "Assets0.pk3", "Assets1.pk3", and "Assets2.pk3" are located. Try and see if that works. I've not actually done this, but because I've gotten "Melee" to be selectable as a weapon choice in my "More Hilts 1.5", I think this is the way it should work. E-mail me at: Dark_Kateria@yahoo.com if you have problems or questions or anything else.

Hope that helps.

I wanted to know the very same thing. I'm extremely relieved that you can add new NPC weapons, because I'm planning on replacing the Trandoshan and some Weequays with species like Klatooinians, Niktos, etc. that would need a vibro-ax, and I'm planning on having Gamorrean Guards put into the Rancor level, and they'd need their ax. I'm glad I don't have to give them gaffi sticks. :p

Thanks for the tip, Forceflow_tap. :D

Ah, it was nothing. Still, you guys let me know if that actually worked. Since my harddrive went out on me last week, I've got to share a computer with my mom when I'm not at college. So I really don't have anyway of double-checking what I told you, but I assume it would work, since I did get "Melee" to show up in the weapon select menu. One warning: Don't try to make your added weapons selectable in the menu, it'll drive you absolutely insane. I know, because I went crazy merely trying to do that. I'm still a bit irritated that the "Melee" animations I enabled weren't the same as the "Iknowkungfu" code animations. I'm currently trying to figure out where those animations are located, and if I can get them swapped for the stupid "Melee" ones...

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, never mind. I replaced repeater with this. Much easier.

But, there is two things..

First, texture is missing. I checked the location of the file, it is in right place. I opend model in MD3 view and I reseaved error saying: texture "models/weapons2/hblaster_r/hblaster_w.jpg" not found. I didnt have folder named like that, so I changed name of heavy_repeater to that. It still keeps saying that texture cannot be found. So I have totally gray weapon. Whats wrong?

And other thing, how can I increase damage of repeaters shots?

That's a good question. Damage is controlled in the "weapons.dat", I believe. As for the textures of your weapon, make a ".skin" file for it with all of it's textures listed or something. Since I've not added new weapons yet, I cannot test it myself. I'm going to see if I can figure that out once I get a new harddrive. On a side note, I might have located the programming for the cheat codes and other interesting things...

Hmm... I tried to add the Imperial Pistol from JKII to Jedi Academy as an NPC weapon, but it didn't work. This is what I added in the weapons.dat file:

// WP_IMP_PISTOL

{

weapontype WP_IMP_PISTOL

weaponclass weapon_blaster_pistol

weaponmodel models/weapons2/imp_pistol/pistol.md3

missileFuncName bryar_func

altmissileFuncName bryar_alt_func

ammotype 2

ammolowcount 15

energypershot 2

firetime 400

range 8192

altenergypershot 2

altfiretime 400

altrange 8192

muzzleEffect bryar/muzzle_flash

}

It sayed that it's a bad weapon type. :confused: So I think that would mean you can't add new weapons.

Archived