Home

Game Cards and the UK

Dai2k

Hi this is my first post.

Im waiting for therelease of the Game in the UK and would just like to know if Game Cards are going to be available over here via shops or even just on-line?

Also I know the game has been ripped to pieces in interviews due to the vast number of bugs. Have most of these bugs been addressed over the last 3 months and has the content of the game increased?

Cheers in advanced for the help :D

Guest DarthMaulUK

Game cards should be on sale either by xmas or early next year in the UK. I think alot will depend on how the game does in Europe.

The game has been panned by critics here, and rightly so. However, if you want to join a great community (most of the time) SWG is great for that.

There's alot to explore but early on money is the key and then you have to rely on people reaching the top of their professions quickly (power gamers) so you can buy better weapons to progress quickly.

I don't know if the Europe version will have Cries of Alderaan acts 1 and 2, which both can take little under an hour each to complete.

As for bugs, when they fix something, they create 5 other problems! hehe

DMUK

Cheers mate.

The game is getting better though?

Im especially interested in the ability to build Player Cities and guild houses along with running youre own Cantinas shops etc. as Im actually a member of a clan who will be creating a guild in game. As such we will be hopefully creating a Player city/town on one of the Uk based servers.

I just hope the major bugs that got the game a good kicking originally will be ironed out and the Jedi code along with Speeders and land based travel via things like tauntauns etc. are implemented soon.

Im looking forward to the Space travel element aswell especially if its implemented in a similar manner to Eath and Beyond.

Anyhow one other question are there any ideas on the price for subscription per month in the UK?

Also how much time does a game card provide and how much (ish ) will they cost?

Thanks.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Things will be the same I would think in the UK. A price point of £9.99 would be brilliant but in the USA, its $15 a month, around £11 a month, which means UK price might be £15 a month...the UK rip off exchange rate companies charge!

I can still never figure how a PC in the USA is $1000 and £1000 in the UK... making it around $1300

DMUK

Thanks for that.

Only thing Im still unsure of is whether Game time is available for purchase online via an e-mail system (like EAB). That is you buy game time online andf get the code to add the gametime to your account sent to you via e-mail, anyone know if this is possible at the moment?

Cheers

Guest DarthMaulUK

I haven't heard of this kind of thing, since really you would use your credit card to purchase time online - but you can do this in the game by paying monthly.

These new cards last for 60 days

DMUK

Archived