Home

Flashing faces, no human faces? Help!

brendan03

Hi --

I have a p4, 256k with an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 video card. The game works fine, except that (1) only non-humanoid faces show up (ie, calamari, etc.) -- the humanoid faces are all without skin, and look like the wires underneath an android's cover. Also, periodically a face, human looking, flashes in the upper left hand corner of the screen for 1-2 seconds -- doesn't seem to be related to the game, and has happened with different characters on different servers.

Has anyone else come across this malfunction in the game? Is there some virus or something like that at play here?

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by Teeb

I have the same Video card... You need install the latest drivers for the card from http://www.ati.com

Thanks Teeb, No more weird looking faces and it did help my fps out a little. I get around 4 fps better now but sometimes, especially in city, I still get 1 fps. And all my graphic options are turned all the way down. I play on my nephews machine sometimes and he looks like he is in a rain forest with all the bushes, trees, flowers, weeds, etc... I have a few bushes around me and all dirt. I always look like I'm in the desert.

No problem...

For the first 2 months I was playing I was on a P3 550mhz, 384mb SDRAM, with my Radeon 7500 lol Wanna talk about plain environments? I didn't get to see or really hear anything..

Now I'm on a 1.7 gig P4, with 512 DDR, and my Radeon 7500... at first I had the flashing face, and wire mesh faces problem... then updated the drivers..

Now it's alot nicer, I can see the detail on things, I can hear the detail in the music...

I have 1.4 gb processor and 512 k memory so I know my problem is video. Last night I was downloading a large file at the same time I was playing and I did not notice a difference so I know its not my cable modem. and I started with 384 memory and when I upgraded to 512 I didn't notice a difference.

Wow...I glad I found this thread...

This started a couple of days ago:

I notice it only on humanoid faces...not droid wires, but a forest scene on my (Twi'lek) face and on human faces NPCs and players alike...:(

I submitted a ticket/bug report last night, but will try to update my Nvidia FX drivers...;)

Thnx!

Well...I found on the SOE Tech Support site this suggestion:

Click the "Options" button on the launchpad, then select the "Advanced" tab. Check to see if the "Disable Texture Backing" box is checked. If it is checked, uncheck it. Apply the changes and play again. You should now be able to see textures correctly.

I don't know if this'll work...I'll try it when I get home and let ya know...;)

I do believe that I did check this box in the attempt to increase my FPS.

Aschar

Thanks everyone. AFter some hunting I was able to install the upated driver and the textual problems are now gone.

On the lags, I have noticed considerably greater lags in places where there are many other players. On Naboo, for example, I walked all around the relatively empty Keedara Peak without any lag whatsoever, but trying to walk a comparable distance in parts of Theed (eg, the areas around the cantina and starport, where there are many trainers and merchants) engendered quite a bit of lag. Also I've gotten much more lag on the more populated servers than on the less populated ones.

Archived