Home

Question about clans

Thrasonic

Hey all,

I've been playing JK2 for a little while now and am wondering about clans. I think it might be fun to be a member of one but I have a few general questions about them. I have a friend who is a member of a clan for a different game and he spends all of his time doing this stuff. I'm not sure I can commit to something like that. My questions are:

First, do most clans require a certain amount of time each week for "practice"?

Second, do most clans require any kind of annual or monthly dues or something (to help pay for web site registration, upkeep, clan server, etc.)?

Third, are there plenty of clan servers out there that anyone can play on with the members of that server's clan?

I'm new to the concept of clans so be gentle in your responses. If it seems like I'm a newbie to the idea it's because I am. I think it would be cool to be in a clan, but I need to know what I'm getting into before even attempting it. Thanks.

In answer to your questions, it really varies from clan-to-clan.

First, do most clans require a certain amount of time each week for "practice"?
Varies really, I know some clans that practice strategy and skills for up to 2 hours EVERY day, but these are guys who take games seriously and are constantly playing in leagues/ladders etc. Some clans don't even have 'practice' as such and rather just organise a few dates every now and then to just have fun together as a clan.

That's the two extremes really, the casual clan and the ultra-competitive competition level clan, but there are lots of clans that fall in-between. It's all about finding out what is suitable for you, I used to play in a clan that would get together once a week for fun, but now I am in one that *trains* pretty much every day.

Second, do most clans require any kind of annual or monthly dues or something (to help pay for web site registration, upkeep, clan server, etc.)?
Some do.. firstly not all clans have such things and will therefore not need any sort of dues to be paid. However a lot of clans have server costs etc. to be paid and may require you to contribute somewhat.

Then there are also clans that will have sponsors that pay the costs of servers, websites etc. Fortunately this is the situation I am in right now and have been in the last 3 clans I've joined, else I'm sure I would have had to pay quite a fair bit for the cost of renting servers.

Third, are there plenty of clan servers out there that anyone can play on with the members of that server's clan?
Yes definately, a lot of clans have public servers and welcome anyone to play on them, well, if they are fair they do. However some clan servers are constantly passworded and will not allow you to join them, unless they tell you the password. Servers with passwords are cheaper to rent so you will often see locked clan servers.

Hope this answers your queries, feel free to ask more if you need. Good luck finding a clan that suits what you are looking for, and don't just join a clan because someone asks you to join, there are thousands of clans out there that are a load of rubbish, not skill-wise, but rather in their organisation and attitudes etc.

If someone does ask you to join a clan, be sure to ask for lots of info about them, website, servers, member-count etc. This way you know if you are dealing with a good solid clan, or a clan that will probably die in a weeks time.

thats a bit long init, here is wot i think

clans are groups of people joined together for a comunity

would be better if all members of clan chipped in for server, as for website, you get free ones anyways

although only 1 person need to pay for it.

dont worry as well, your not the only newbie out ther

Archived