Home

tools pack?

Samuel Dravis

I don't know if you guys have already thought about it, but will you be having free editing/helper tools along with/as a standalone pack for the OJP? If so, I could let you put ConfigED and MCM in there. There are also a few other server config, bot creator tools etc that would be useful. Would I also have to release the source code for them?

Well, I've been compiling modder data on the CVS repository but I don't plan on having them in the package release unless we end up doing seperate "developer" releases.

If you want access to the CVS repository so you can check out the files. Just ask.

As for adding mod tools to the project. I think it's a good idea but tools will have to pass the same quality check as normal submissions. We don't want to mess with crappy software.

...tools will have to pass the same quality check as normal submissions. We don't want to mess with crappy software.

I have no problem with that. If you want to check out either of those programs, check the links in my sig. Note that the MCM is an old version; I'm waiting on JK2files.com to post the new (1.09) one. Also, I'm working on a new version of ConfigED. It will support plug-ins for easy compatability with other games, and some other stuff...*dark secrets*;)

Archived