Home

A couple questions (Spawning bots in Siege?)

Mannysil

Hello,

Now that i've finished JA single play i am playing multi quite alot all be it with bots since i'm on dial up.My question(s) is the siege maps look great but i spawned npcs but could not join since it's for humans only.Is there any way i could join siege or any bots made for this gametype?Any help would be appreciated.

(Login as the admin then type):

\rcon addbot <botname> <skill 1-5> <teamcolor>

So for example:

\rcon addbot rebel 5 blue

(spawns a nightmare bot using the rebel skin on the blue team)

In the dedicated server box you can just do it like so:

addbot snowtrooper 5 red

Just be sure you use skins of the bots that are available on that team on that map.

I have only gotten the skins from the assault classes on those teams to work (so Snowtroopers and Rebels on Hoth, Rebels and Rodians on Desert, Kel Dore Male Jedi and New Staff Reborn on Korriban).

Just remember, that since there are currently no bot routes for the Siege maps that the bots will essentially just run around and jump crazily. They may fight, but they'll suicide a lot and won't complete objectives... they're pretty much useless after the first objective has been completed anyway. But go ahead...

If you spawn the bot on the opposite team you joined, this will allow you to practice the Siege objectives by yourself, which is I think what you wanted to do. For this purpose it's good.

If you want to not worry about the jumpy bot killing you on the first objective you can always use the kick allbots command as well.

Yeah Darth Kaan and some friends of his are working on improved bot routes for JA. I emailed them recently and apparently they only have a few actually done (for CTF), but the rest they plan to finish as soon as their new map is finished. ; )

I was told that they ARE planning to do them for Siege as well, so we'll have to wait and see what comes out of it...

Archived