Home

What Port do I need to Open

Tatoo

I'm waiting for the EU version of SWGalaxies to come to my door. I will play behind a router and I guess I will have to open some ports to be able to play. I want to know that before the game arrive so it just set to start play the game :D

My question is what port has to be open to be able to play the game?

Cheers! :deathii:

Originally posted by seadonkey78

Why do you need to know anything about ports? You obviously have an internet connection that works. As long as it's active when you run the game, it will connect.

Uhhhh, No. I couldn't connect as I knew from the beginning. (Do you even know what a firewall port is?)

But I have found the ports that need to be open in order to be able to connect.

And for those who might have the same problem with their router blocking the ports. Here they are:

Star Wars Galaxies Launchpad and Patch Servers:

TCP & UDP: 1023

TCP: 7000

UDP: 1023, 3016-3021 and 9700-9703

Star Wars Galaxies Patch:

TCP:1023 and 7050

Star Wars Galaxies Client

UDP: 1023 and 44453, 44462, 44463

If you want the link to the site where I took all this info from, click here

I find it ever so strange to see one half of all players with port problems whilst the other does'nt.

I have a Linksys BEFSR41 router with UPNP activated and i dont have to open any ports to play. All ports are closed and are opened on demand by DirectPlay.

The only thing i cant do ofcourse is hosting multiplayer games without opening the right set of ports.

But for joining games i have no problem whatsoever although before i got this nice linksys router i had another one wich sucked big time and did not do the job it was supposed to.

Oh and dont think my ports are open cause not even my provider could see my machines beyond the modem.

As long as the required ports are open in the outgoing direction then the inbound ports (depending on the router) will allow the return traffic thru, but not any unsolicited traffic.

So those people with router issues either dont have routers that support this functionality (or havent enabled this functionality) or they have closed the outbound port meaning that traffic from the LAN cant get out on the internet via the closed ports.

Exactly.

I have heard many storys off people that got advice from resellers to "select this, unselect that" on their newely bought routers.

I even firmwared mine last week and it warned me that all my settings would be disbanned. Ok i say lets do it cause i never setup anything and i still dont. Only a few ports indeed for web and ftp but that was allready done by the router itself.

Archived