Home

Help with creature handler

seadonkey78

I'm already a master marksman, but I wanted to get into creature handling to be able to have a few tanks with me so I could take on bigger monsters. I made it up through the scouts skills I needed and got novice creature handler. Now, what am I able to control with this, and what skills do I need to get before I can control better creatures like this pair of greater sludge panthers I already own? Before it told me I had no chance of controlling them, and now it tells me I won't be able to tame them. I own them already, why do I need to tame them? :rolleyes:

You will have to have Tame 1 and Train 1 to use a Greater Sledge Panter. If you want to use both of them at the same time you will need to get Management 3 and tame 3 and train 3 also. GSP are a CL of 23... so you have to add that together 23+23= 46 total CL. Your best bet is to use 1 GSP and 1 Cowardy Gurreck at the same time at first. you would only need to have 23+15=38 and would only need tame 2, train 2 and management 3.

Ah, I see. I still need to use the lesser creatures to gain a couple levels. Great... now I need to find another one! If anybody on starsider has a cowardly gurreck or 2 that they're be willing to part with, I'll pay a rediculously good price for them! :D I guess a full-grown rock beetle would work, too.

Bearing in mind htere are some MAJOR changes due to the CH tree which may well go live today with mounts patch.. SO folks can NOT jsut do tree 1 and 2 in order to get the big bad pets like they can currently :)

Sorry for those that have just started or are on those two tree but hey happens :)

I'm not looking to get the big pets really fast. I just started CH and I only have taming I so far. I'm going to work on getting training I today so hopefully I can use my greater sludge panthers that I've been carrying around with me.

Does anyone have the actual changes that are being made to the CH profession? All I knwo is that non-CH won't be able to use rock beetles and cowardly gurrecks anymore but I havn't heard about the other changes. I'm hoping it's just going to effect people who just learned half the skills to be able to use giant monsters instead of those of us who are just getting into the proffession. I'm not concerned with getting giant bruisers; just some decent-HAM pets that can help me hunt.

I'm a master CH

Pets I recommend include:

* Quenker from Dant. CL 22, light armor, 40% resists to all stats except cold, decent ham, decent attack very fast and very small.

* Gronda from Corellia. CL 18, light armor, 50% resist to kinetic, + misc resistances to other stats, decent ham, decent attack.

* Kliknik defender from Yavin IV. CL 24, light armor, 30% kinetic resist, high ham, decent attack. Has intimidate special attack that GREATLY reduces the damage output of a creature who is intimidated.

* Grand Wrix from Corellia. CL 23??, light armor, good resists, fast, high ham, high resists, good posture down attack.

I would recommend these pets over greater sludge panthers any day of the week, their light armor combined with resists and special attacks makes them great performers for day to day CH activities.

- Pahbi

Originally posted by Pahbi

I'm a master CH

Pets I recommend include:

* Quenker from Dant. CL 22, light armor, 40% resists to all stats except cold, decent ham, decent attack very fast and very small.

* Gronda from Corellia. CL 18, light armor, 50% resist to kinetic, + misc resistances to other stats, decent ham, decent attack.

* Kliknik defender from Yavin IV. CL 24, light armor, 30% kinetic resist, high ham, decent attack. Has intimidate special attack that GREATLY reduces the damage output of a creature who is intimidated.

* Grand Wrix from Corellia. CL 23??, light armor, good resists, fast, high ham, high resists, good posture down attack.

I would recommend these pets over greater sludge panthers any day of the week, their light armor combined with resists and special attacks makes them great performers for day to day CH activities.

- Pahbi

And what is the average price for those creatures in your opinion? Some guy traded me a bird last night for $17,000 it is level 25 but since i cant control it yet i dont know anything about it. Anyone know what the name of it might be?

Archived